Wily Coyote

quest

Very Active Member
My son wont's to go hunting for Mr Coyote. He lives in Mesa and was wondering if any one is willing to point him in the right direction?

quest

fugitive thanks. Do you see a lot of them critters in that area? I was informed to use a dieing rabbit call. I guess there getting use to all the other call out.

I would try 4B North. North of the Hollbrook Rd. I was up there helping the G&F on an antelope project back in June and I've never heard so many yotes howllin. I called in a couple early in the morning.

Bates7 thanks. My son wanted to stay close to Mesa area but I'll pass it on thanks again.

sorry wuest it might be 76. I can't ever for the life of me remember the number of that road.

Take I-17 north to carefree highway. Left on carefree towards wickenburg.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

That is Hwy 74, and yes lots of criters. Also out in the Florence area, you know out where we put the drinkers in. Great area Kevan. Forgot to call you, I have been out sheep scouting a bunch and getting home late

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-09 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]All I can say is go- meaning it really doesn't matter which direction you go - just get out of town a ways - find a stock tank or a creek - chances are the yotes will be around -- take a scenic drive - out the apache trail towards roosevelt lake - find a little side road - go down amile or so set up and call - Out towards superior once your past florence junction rd - i'd bet the hills are full of coyotes bobcats and or foxs - a person may find his own little honey hole away from all the crowds and animals that aren't used to the sounds of predator calls - out past florence towards Oracle - any of the foot hills on the east side should produce some dogs - If I was you find a few of the dairy farms south of town - they always drag dead cows out to the desert - a great place to sound like a calf or chicken or pig instead of the ole rabbit sounds - ask for permission at any ranch they will most likely help - especially a father son dueo - anyway go have some fun look over some new areas - always mentally mark aspot where you see a dead coyote in the road - they usually ravel the same routes over and over - in GH

Not sure about the deer around here right now quest. I've been concentrating on my archery elk tag. I leave in two weeks for a 3 week elk/deer/turkey hunting vacation up by flagstaff. I have seen a couple good bucks from a friends trail cams up in northern 18b and 17a. Let me know if highway 74 does good with the dogs. I've been itchin to take the new foxpro fury in there.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-09 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]Have your son join any of the predator hunting groups (APC, Phoenix Varmint Callers, XPC) in the valley and learn from the guys who live and hunt coyotes all the time.

I belong to APC even though I'm in Kingman, but any of them are great and would be a huge asset to your son to learn some areas, techniques, etc.

I haven't got to go on a lot of hunts with those guys, but can't say enough about them and their commitment to the sport and community.

Don Martin

Well, my son with a friend went out last weekend & saw one Coyote. One of them managed to get a shot off. They found some blood about the size of a pencil-head and were out there a long time trying to track that critter down but to no luck. This Saturday they went out again. I got a text from him saying they pulled up to park the car and started hearing Coyote's right off the bat. Can't wait to see if they got anything :)

quest

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom