Winchester triple seven muzzle loader primers

chipc

Very Active Member
Does anyone know where I can get some ? I live in Wisconsin so they'd have to be shipped. Dang, stuff is hard to find these days !! THANKS for your help. Chip

Yes. They are actually weaker than normal primers. With 777 you don’t want a magnum primer or it makes a bigger “crud ring” where the bullet sits and it is harder to clean and seat bullets. But they won’t ignite BH 207 because of reduced power.

Yep, they are cleaner - and weaker. Also, if you're using pelletized powder a regular 209 primer is so powerful that it will actually move the charge and bullet before the powder ignites. This reduces accuracy. No big deal if you're shooting at closer ranges but I'm working on a longer distance load for Antelope next fall. As Tx says they don't work with BH powder but they are great for Pyrodex and 777. Hopefully sooner or later I can turn up a few.

HAHA...I'm jealous. unfortunately they won't ship and thats a LOOOOONG way from Northern Wisconsin. Fortunately one of the many good people on here is helping me out.

they'll ignite bh209 just fine. Just leave a thick soot layer in the bore. If your primer seals tight, they'll ignite. If its loose and messy, it may hang fire.

You could do some range shooting with them and BH, but if you use a different primer to hunt with, your POI would be different.

I bought 200 on gunbroker for $20. Then few days later walked into the gun store and bought 400. Was $10.99 per 100 pack

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom