Wind River Spotting Scopes?????

SLIVER

Very Active Member
I am thinking of purchasing this spotting scope in a 15x45 and was wondering if any of you guys had any positive or negative input on this optic. I don't have alot of money and have been impressed with leupold quality so far. Wish I could afford top dollar optics but if you guys aprove, than this will do.
Thanks.

}}-SLIVER-->

i wouldnt waste the money
my .02
last year i borrowed one from my uncle
for a cariboul hunt in AK
after playing with it for about half hour we just used our binos
i would look into minox, kowa, or pentax. or save for a gold ring or Ziess.
good luck

I haven't had very good luck with mine either. At the lowest zoom setting it works great, but any zoom makes for a blurred image at long distances. I have found alot of critters with it but point counts are difficult when there a long ways out. I will probably save up for a gold ring model next.

I think there great for the money. You lose clarity and light on almost all spotting scopes at higher magnification unless your going to pay the big bucks. My Brother in law has that model. I think it compares to my Smith and Wesson that I bought on a good deal on Ebay. I was going to go with the Wind River Spotting Scope but I couldn't pass up the deal. My Dad and I both have Wind River Binoculars and they work great.

I would save my money and buy much better. They are the worst spotter I have owned. They are great on a bright day, but throw in a bit of light loss and they immediately turn dark. They might be one of Leupolds brands, but they do not match a real Leupold!

On the plus side, I'll sell you mine for $75 :)

Take care,
Garion

Wind River is Imported by Leupold they are NOT made by Leupold!!!You get what you pay for in all Optic's. Look at buying one used for around 150? Don't spend the money for a new one!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom