Windage issue at 200 yrds

OldMxBowhunter

I zeroed my T/c inline in at 100yrds. Shooting under 1/2in groups. Went to shoot 200yrds and is shooting a constant group over a foot to the right. Anyone ever have this issue. Going to check scope alinement but, even if off a little a foot off seems alot.

I doubt your scope is aligned. That's what I would check.
I hope that is it. Had to go back to work today so I won't be able to check it till I get back on land. Definitely going to start with that. I set scope and gun up with a level in the beginning but, I guess it's still possible. Thanks for your response

Ended up being the scope. Broke everything down and discovered the coating on the scope was causing the scope rings to become disoriented when tightened down due to the scope being a bit over sized. Installed a old proven scope and was shooting 2in groups at 300yrds in 6 shots. Will either strip coating on the scope ring area later or get my rings lapped to match the scope.
20200727_200009.jpg

Lapping rings is easy and the wheeler kit will cost you less than a gunsmith would charge you to do the job. Glad you found the problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom