Window mount Recommendation

tracker12

Very Active Member
Looking for am inexpensive window mount for my Swaro Spotter. What have you used that has worked out for you.

Agree, still using my original Bushnell. There are a lot of good ones out there now tho, so you can really take your pick. Vortex makes a good one for about $80, and has a great warranty. Definitely try in the store with a scope!! The tightness and smoothness is key, especially with all the newer high powered scopes. I like the old one because it opens so wide, and I can clamp it on many things, besides just the window. Also, some have gone to the new 3/8"-16 sizing, and no longer offer 1/4"-20 option.

Do all of the mounts offer an option to use a quick release. I have a manfroto head that I use on my tripod and binos

I picked up the $80 vortex with cabelas points, seems it will work for what I need. It is arca compatible, I don’t believe all mounts will be arca compatible tho.

Just got the better vortex one after a screw worked loose and broke my window cranking it on first day out..... was a leupold i think. Just used the new Vortex on a Wy antelope hunt it worked great, nice and smooth also. Held a 20/60x Zeiss firm driving down roads at 20/25 mph with the scope on it. Yes i know this is not a good idea. I believe there are two models one is $50 and one is like $80. Get the better one.

Build your own. I bought a window mount base like a couple posts above for like $20 and put a Sirui VA-5 pan head on it. I got a good deal on the head and am into the setup like $100. The VA-5 is a phenomenal pan head which I use in one of my tripods as well. They are all ARCA Swiss and I can use all of my binos and spotters on both of my tripods and window mount which is awesome!

F5118357-B94E-49A9-B189-EB877C83B092.jpeg

Build your own. I bought a window mount base like a couple posts above for like $20 and put a Sirui VA-5 pan head on it. I got a good deal on the head and am into the setup like $100. The VA-5 is a phenomenal pan head which I use in one of my tripods as well. They are all ARCA Swiss and I can use all of my binos and spotters on both of my tripods and window mount which is awesome!

View attachment 88178
This is similar to what I did, except mine is a Manfrotto head on an old Cabelas model clamp.

My son bought the Black Ovis roadrunner and daughter has a vortex. The black ovis is WAY better. Much more fluid for glassing. Actually close to my setup. Mine will hold the weight of 15s without clamping it tight so that is nice for not losing your place when you look away. Neither of theirs will.

Vanguard makes a quick release with a foot. We have one and it works ok, the Bushnell is our go to.

Not whatever crappy one I’ve got! I don’t even know what it is but it sucks. I do know it was cheap but I think Ive used it like 5 times over the last 10 years so there’s that. Pulled it out for my pronghorn hunt and it was a pain. I’d say if your going to use one a lot spend some money on it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom