Winter conditions in Durango?

>Thanks, by the mountains are you
>saying
>around lemon res and missionary?

Missionary Ridge, Lemon Reservior and Vallecitto got hit with alot of snow.

I live over in Cortez and there is alot of snow between Durango and Cortez too. It is snowing right now and they say more is to come tonight!

Horn
www.huntquest.net

My dad said they just got another 14 inches and thats ontop of probably another 24 they got a few weeks earlyer and this is just barly outside of town. SO there is plenty of snow in this area.

Wilderness Athlete Performance Nutrition
"Because the most important piece of equipment you own... is you!"
http://www.wildernessathlete.org/

We got a boat load of snow. I'm in Durango West & I've got over 4' in my yard. Purgatory is claiming over 80" base. Ski Hesperus is claiming 63". I talked to buddy who lives at Cherry Creek, he says the elk & deer have all gone further south. He said he'll see a stray elk now & then----but headed south. I'm not sure how the elk in the valley are fairing. No reports I've heard of problems. Cross your finger--still have another month of winter. CB

Snow getting worse on the western half of the state, DOW is feeding the wildlife. Stay tuned as it appears that they are getting snow every day. steamboat is claiming 350 inches on the ground!. another storm moving into the state tomorrow.

Does anyone have any info on the Montrose area? I keep looking on weather.com and they show to be about average on moisture. Thanks in advance.

The town is relatively free of snow from what I've heard. I don't think winter conditions are too severe in the surrounding hills.

I was in Montrose a couple weeks ago. Look like an average winter there. Once you top Red Mtn----it's like nite & day. Montrose is normal, Durango side is DEEP. CB

It's warming up some this week & we are getting some meltdown. The deer & elk I've seen between Durango & Cortez look like they are coming thru OK. Let's hope for a couple more week of nice weather.

It's May 4th. any further word on how the Elk and Mulies made out north of Durango ?

LAST EDITED ON May-04-08 AT 04:04PM (MST)[p]I hear the elk did well. I will be hunting mulies up near Silverton, so I hope they did ok as well.. I notice that they didn't drop the deer tags much in that area, so the DOW thinks they did ok. It does look like they are doing well now, temps are up and snowmelt is in full swing. Here is a link for Durango weather. If you go down about 1/2 way the page, it gives the snow depth reports for the area.

http://durangoherald.com/index_weather.asp

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom