WIRING 2 RV BATTERIES TOGETHER IN PARALLEL THOUGHTS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I've always Wired Two 12 Volt RV Batteries together in Parallel with the Positive Lead/Feed going to RV on one Battery then Jumping it to the other Battery,then Hooking the Ground from Trailer to Opposite Battery then Jumping it to the other Battery as Per Diagram # 1:

But I See alot of Batteries Wired together like in Diagram # 2

Does it Make a Damn Difference?

I Always Thought that Diagram # 1 was the Right/Proper Way for the Most Equal Draw/Charge?

Does It Really Matter?

Seems that everybody Argues over it,but is there really an Advantage to Either Way?
paralell battery 1.jpg
paralell battery.jpg

The diagrams are basically the same, wiring them parallel will still give u 12 volts but with much more capacity the difference would be wiring two batteries in series which would then give u 24 volts instead of 12.

Basically the Same I Agree!

But Not exactly the Same!

Yes the Voltage stays thew same!

I'm Asking:

Is there an Advantage to one way or the other or Not?

The diagrams are basically the same, wiring them parallel will still give u 12 volts but with much more capacity the difference would be wiring two batteries in series which would then give u 24 volts instead of 12.

Bess diagram #2 is the way my RV batteries are wired from the factory. I do not know if it makes any difference between the two wiring diagrams.
RELH

I Don't know for sure either RELH?

I Always Thought Diagram # 1 was the Right Way?

Bess diagram #2 is the way my RV batteries are wired from the factory. I do not know if it makes any difference between the two wiring diagrams.
RELH

The bottom diagram is to be used with TWO 6-volt batteries. Guys like what the deep cycle of a 6-volt provides so a lot wire two 6-volts together to produce one really powerful deep cycle 12-volt battery. If you wire two 12-volts that way you'll end up pushing 24+ volts and blowing some lights and fuses up.

Hate To Tell You Travis But You Are WRONG!:D

The bottom diagram is to be used with TWO 6-volt batteries. Guys like what the deep cycle of a 6-volt provides so a lot wire two 6-volts together to produce one really powerful deep cycle 12-volt battery. If you wire two 12-volts that way you'll end up pushing 24+ volts and blowing some lights and fuses up.

With TWO 6 Volt Batteries You Jump from a NEGATIVE Post from one Battery To a POSITIVE on the other Battery To Achieve 12 Volts!

it doesn't matter what the voltage is.....parallel is parallel....

that is NOT a series diagram

I run 6 volt golf cart batteries. I was going to run four. But with my solar two 6 volts do great ! Costco has a great warranty and price on them. Wire them to make 12 volts.

It would be easier if all the posts were at the same end of the battery, that said the two diagrams are exactly the same, no difference in amp hours! Unless one battery has more AH’s than the other, if that’s the case you can basically figure on getting what ever the smaller amp hour battery is, duty cycle should be the same as long as both batteries are the same, meaning deep cycle, rv, marine! Good luck with your project, don’t over think it!

In the diagrams, both have the positive connected to positive, negative connected to negative. One line from positive to load, online from negative to load.This means the batteries are wired in parallel In BOTH diagrams, providing, per the drawings, 12volt output. The batteries in parallel will have a greater current (amps) capacity.

Physically the batteries are hooked up differently but electrically they are the same. No advantage or disadvantage either way.

If one of the batteries develops an open circuit the other battery will still perform. Hooked up either way. If one of the batteries develops a ground it will drain the other battery. Hooked up either way.

There could be an advantage if one of the batteries got a ground and you had to unhook it. That would depend on where the cabling would reach. That could be either set up depending on terminal location and length of cables.

They are connected exactly the same, just the imaginary battery posts on the imaginary battey are in different places. Turn the imaginary battery in your minds eye. :rolleyes:

I have two banks of 8 six volt batteries connected in series, with the two banks connected in parallel. Extra credit if you can tell me how many volts I have.:LOL:

They are connected exactly the same, just the imaginary battery posts on the imaginary battey are in different places. Turn the imaginary battery in your minds eye. :rolleyes:

I have two banks of 8 six volt batteries connected in series, with the two banks connected in parallel. Extra credit if you can tell me how many volts I have.:LOL:

What are you running 48 volts too?

My mountain house is off the grid. It's more like a fleet of golf carts, as that is 16 golf cart batteries in the lower right of that pic.

All those batteries and DC volts funnel into the magic inverters, which spit out 110/220 AC to the house. The POS Kohler generator is just for show. :cautious:

I guarantee that when I buy a golf cart, it will be gas. I hate f'n batteries.:cry:
curtis ipad april 6 2015 562.jpg

48v

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom