WMA's

CouesFanatic

Are wildlife management areas open in the winter? I thought they close for wintering game but the website says they are open year round. Anyone know?

Closed to Motorized traffic. Horses and foot travel is permissable. But good luck in the snow with the horses.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-09 AT 05:04PM (MST)[p]Ya, thanks for the info. I would have swore that they were closed in the winter completely but I about dropped my jaw when I read it online. Are you sure? lol

I swear every time I call the fish and game they give me a different answer on everything.

There is a wildlife managment area in E. Idaho that is closed with gates to motorized traffic until May-June/whenever the snow is gone and the roads are no longer mud, but open to horse and foot travel. However, no one will be getting a horse in with all the snow, nor can anyone walk because of the snow depth.
Thats what a conservation officer told me anyway. Good luck getting an answer straight from fish and game. You'll get a different answer from everyone you talk to. I think they inturpret the law each in their own little way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom