WOLF HUNTING

fullcry

Looking to hunt wolves in Idaho for my first time in about 2 weeks.First run would be about 5 days and then
2 more trips later. Jan and Feb.
I've taken most everything else but never been in the right place for the big dogs.
Not looking for anybody?s Hotspots?
WAIT A MINUTE,They are WOLVES
so yes I am looking for specific areas to
Learn and concentrate on.Or even tips from experience.
Pm if that is more appropriate.
I will trade info on other hunting Opportunities.

What part of Idaho you lookin to hunt big dogs?
Idaho F&G should have a map that shows the general locations of the packs. I know unit 39 has quite a few wolves in it. Somewhere I have an older picture of the pack locations. If your not finding anything shoot me a PM and I will see if I can take a picture of it and send it to you.
Also there is an outfit out of Northern Idaho that you can join and sometimes they pay you for your wolf and you get to keep it. A buddy killed 3 last winter and for one they sent him a check for $750 I think its only 35 bucks to join.
Good luck.
On a side note there is a guy outta Montana that puts the hurtin on the wolves there. If you get on you tube and search Luke Sterling. Its Sterlings extreme outdoors....he is dialed in big time.
Good luck

Chuck in Boise

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-19 AT 07:18PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the info.
Definitely gets me started.
Thank You
Check your Pm

Thanks for all the ideas and tips!
I replied to all the PMs
So now just getting a game plan.
I also joined the Foundation for Wild Life Management.
When I get one hopefully,it will help pay some gas money.I did like membership runs 365 Days instead of yearly.Hard to remember all the stuff you gotta have to start a new year.

I'm not a professional wolf hunter , but if I was going to hunt them specifically I'd go straight to the middle of 28 .

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-19 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]Well
I made my first trip into Idaho for wolves.
I checked out some of the tips and areas that were sent to me.Amazing country.I did a 1200
Mile Loop back home.
I kind of have a game plan.It seems like everyone does it a little different.
I know it's still early but I want to make one more trip before snow closes more roads.Most are still open but I think more guys get serious in January.
Sterling Outdoors is a BAD A.
I would sure like to follow him around a little.?

I am in southern Idaho.
But I will go anywhere.
I have to take a break until
Our Desert Sheep Hunt is completed.

Sorry
I lost a couple of contacts with the Forum change over.
I not even know how to check PM or if we even still have it.
I am making another trip this next week if anyone has anything to share.
Sorry if you sent me something and didn't get a reply.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom