Wolf Proposal to introduce in Carbondale Area!!!

alinrut

https://www.postindependent.com/new...ert-returning-to-carbondale-for-presentation/

not sure if the link works, but The Rocky Mountain Wolf Project is having a featured speaker, Mr. Mike Phillips, a wildlife biologist who played a leading role in the return of Gray Wolves to the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.

Feb 7 and 8 in Carbondale and Aspen as part of the Naturalist Nights series presented by Wilderness Workshop, Roaring Fork Audubon and Aspen Center for Environmental Studies.

Spread the word, get our voices heard to keep the purposeful introduction out!!!

If we are quiet it will happen!!!

Don't do it! They released them here in New Mexico and the great Gila is coming to an end VERY QUICKLY! STUPIDEST THING NM HAS EVER DONE!

7802220180114180443.jpg

《《《《《《AWESOME》》》》》》

I live in Michigan otherwise I would attend meeting. Don't let this happen...funny if you read the comments below the article,all those in support are easterns who have no clue on the wolves impact.

I'm in Michigan too wolves are the worst thing that's happened to our area they are the last thing any hunter wants

Yep, here in Wisconsin they reintroduce wolves with a management goal of 300-325 wolves. They reached that goal and instituted a hunting/trapping season to manage them and it seemed to be working well. After 3 years the bunny huggers sued and got them placed back on the endangered species list and now we have 950-1000 and growing. At this point I definitely wish they never reintroduces them here.

You can never trust the wolf loving groups. They say just a hundred in the state, then they sue until they have over 1,000, and ruin wildlife populations.

Anyone who's lived here for 10-15 years can confirm - CO is already seeing declines/changes in big game populations in several GMUs. From what I've read, this is due to everything from the several year drought experienced in Western states to the increases in hunting tags by the CPW.

I'm no biologist but I do go out hiking/scouting almost all year long, and have noted a recognizable decline in big game numbers in many GMUs I visit. I've also noticed I'm finding more and more dead animal carcasses each spring when looking for sheds, but don't know if they're winter kills or cripples from the previous hunting seasons.

We certainly DO NOT need to introduce WOLVES into big game habitats that are already at the minimum management population goals.

2f350s: Hunt hard, hunt ethically.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-18 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]>Anyone who's lived here for 10-15
>years can confirm - CO
>is already seeing declines/changes in
>big game populations in
>several GMUs. From what
>I've read, this is due
>to everything from the several
>year drought experienced in Western
>states to the increases in
>hunting tags by the CPW.
>
>Then there's the 50 year perspective. Huge deer herds gone, many more elk in their place. Massive habitat loss, especially in winter range (Vail valley, Front Range suburbs, Blue Mesa Reservoir) and gas/oil fields (Roan, Piceance). CWD. Warmer autumns recently, big winter die-offs (mostly deer, pronghorn) regionally every 5-8 years. Huge increase in nonresident hunter #s, so much so that they are major players in the economies of Meeker, Rifle, Gunnison, Pagosa, etc. Moose reintroduced, increasing. Sheep holding their own w CPW assistance. Whirling disease (trout). More roads, more wilderness, more ATVs. Limited licenses, preference points. More politics in wildlife management. Plus the mountains get higher and the air gets thinner every decade. Fires and floods, same as always.

I would be all for wolves if their numbers could be controlled to be at a number that did not effect the big game populations. However, we have seen what happened to Wyoming and Idaho and the distrust the radicals imposed on us through lawsuits. I am therefore strongly against reintroduction.

The granola groups said let us just put 150 wolves in ID, MT, and WY and well call it good. Then they sue until they have over 1,000 and sue until they can be spread all over the west. The granola groups will always move the goal post.

First the radical environmentalists start showing up and telling you and your town how great it will be to have wolves. There will be meetings, name calling starts, people of the town become devided. The sportsman?s groups are totally against reintroduction, but it really doesn't matter because at this point the wolves are coming. There here but you cannot hunt them for the next 10 years until they have pushed every elk and deer into your town because they are afraid to live on the mountain anymore. You are going to be threatened by the endangered species act, you touch a wolf your going to prison.These radical environmentalist groups, Defenders of wildlife will hire people to watch the wolves and protect them there will be confrontations in the mountains between you and them. But don't worry none of them will be arrested because your local game and fish and sheriff are afraid of the radical groups big lawyers and all the money they are backed with.Finally the day comes to hunt wolves the first 6 guys that kill wolves get flooded with death threats. Some of them have to move.We are into our 5 year of hunting wolves, I have filed 6 sheriff reports on run ins with radicals in the Forrest. I would stand together as sportsman as a town and a community and tell them no way.It will take 20 years until the hatered where's off. I was heavily involved with fighting the wolf reintroduction and I shot one of the first wolves in Idaho. The wolf is an incredible animal, but you will not fill that way when they get done ruining your friends and community.

Someone should show these radical environmentalist an elk or deer getting eaten alive by a pack of wolves!

These people are out maneuvering hunters left and right...they are having it there casue there is giant liberal money in that valley...also some of the "Hunter advocates" are howlers...Rinella..Mahoney...for sure and I hear Newberg...but not 100 percent on the last one but came from a good source...I say don't be fooled by him taking two weeks to kill a wolf in Montana on his show...just goes to show you how incredibly hard they are to "Hunt" and control

When these people start with their political slick talk..."Biodiversity...properly managed...natures balance...sharing the woods..only the sick and weak" Watch the F out

A ?couple dozen? gray wolves could be released in western Colorado under a science-based restoration plan, and it wouldn't take long to reach a viable population of 250 or more, he said.

?If you give just a small number of gray wolves an opportunity to occupy high-quality habitat, they can pretty well take care of the rest,? he said.

This makes my blood boil...

They are going to do what ever it takes to dump wolves in Colorado and Utah. This is all part of the radical plan. The man in charge of wolf introduction in wyo, mont. and Idaho is from Colorado and his name is Ed Bangs and yes he wants wolves in Colo. Then you have Carter Neimeyer government trapper who caught and released wolves into the lower 48 as soon as he retired from US fish and wildlife services he switched sides and is now paid by the radical groups to go around from meeting to meeting and tell you how great the wolves are. These radical groups are all set up here in Idaho and Montana and are ready to move into Colorado and Utah to make your lives a lot better. Watch out for Susan Stone and Defenders of Wildlife, there over in Oregon right now making sure the wolves are protected. If you folks need a hand with any of these meetings I highly recommend bringing in speakers who have already been through the process of wolf introduction. These groups want to bring emotions into this discussion of wolves and into your schools , it will devide the people.This is all part of the Wildlands Project, a wildlife corridor from Alaska to Mexico with no human presence in it, so the the wildlife can move freely with no interaction or hunting. When the time comes let me know I will come to Utah or Colorado to speak the truth.

You may not know this, but there are already wolves in Colorado. I saw one a couple years ago down in S-51 (GMU-85) near Trinchera.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom