wolf reintroduction bill

littlebull209338

There is a new bill that will be heard in committee this Thursday which would allow wolf reintroductions only in those counties that voted in favor of the measure last election. This if enacted would allow only after an environmental impact study. Aspen, Telluride ,Durango and a few other "yuppy" areas would get to ENJOY ! This would exempt Moffat, Rio Blanco and Garfield counties and others in the NW...kinda neat idea but probably will not make it out of committee.

I like the sentiments, but I agree it isn’t going anywhere. If they turned them loose in La Plata or San Miguel, these rednecks here in Montezuma would be lined up on the county line looking to take a poke at one.

The good it would do is it would end introduction, Does anyone think an Aspen or Boulder resident would put up with a wolfy eating their poodle ? Kinda easy to inflict on others that which you would not tolerate yourself. Northwest Colorado has enough problems with power plants switching from coal, drought and other things beyond their control. Are there Rednecks in Montezuma County ? Hope so ! The old commissioners win San Miguel county were good friends: Gene Adams, Mike Young and Dwight Oliver.

Here’s a link to a recent article about some of the wrangling to come in the legislature.

There really isn’t anything new in it, but take a look at the map showing the counties that opposed the initiative. It’s striking.

Also note the comment that the woods are ready for woofs because we have successfully stocked their pantry with mooses.

Honestly, that would be kinda bitter sweet... go ahead, put them wolves in Denver, El Paso, Boulder, Larimer, Jefferson, Broomfield, Arapahoe and Adams counties... them fools voted for wolves, let them fools deal with them... La Plata, San Juan San Miguel they can have em to... Pitkin and Summit Counties would definately hurt my hunting, but again, them fools voted for em... let them fools have em!! Frikin wolves are a bad idea, worse than the damned invasive muscle's that we have to have boats checked for from one lake to another... sad times ahead ... sad times indeed!!!

The good it would do is it would end introduction, Does anyone think an Aspen or Boulder resident would put up with a wolfy eating their poodle ? Kinda easy to inflict on others that which you would not tolerate yourself. Northwest Colorado has enough problems with power plants switching from coal, drought and other things beyond their control. Are there Rednecks in Montezuma County ? Hope so ! The old commissioners win San Miguel county were good friends: Gene Adams, Mike Young and Dwight Oliver.
Mike Young was my grandfather. Glad to hear that someone still remembers him!

SanJuan...Your grandpa was one heck of a guy. I use to go down to the basin and call coyotes. When he was county commissioner he bought several pieces of construction equipment from me. Many fond memories of him.

Having a chat with Kate Greenberg,
Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture this evening with the wolf introduction as one of the topics. At this point we are pressing them to follow the plan and not expedite the introduction. Should be interesting.

Good luck with your meeting, also getting in front of the legislators with folks speaking from all over the state about there concerns.

Having a chat with Kate Greenberg,
Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture this evening with the wolf introduction as one of the topics. At this point we are pressing them to follow the plan and not expedite the introduction. Should be interesting.
Honestly see no reason or zero reason to expedite the introduction... Gov Polis wants it as soon as possible to suit his agenda, but it's not like 90% of Coloradoans voted yes, it passed by a very narrow majority ... which to me indicates a very narrow want. Go slow, take all the time needed...

Met with Greensburg and she was not interested in hearing about the wolves. Was giving her some time to response but that didn't happen. So in response Rio Blanco County did this since the states lack of proper response is a response. Encourage other countries to join suit and push back on the BS introduction.

Montezuma County commissioners passed something in opposition as well. Don’t remember exactly what it was though.

Thats great concerned citizens, coming together to say no we are not going to let you dump wolves in our county. I truly hope you can hold your ground. Good Luck from Idaho

I remember reading what our county did and thinking to myself it was only symbolic.

Worst case there’s a protest where they decide to let them out. Picture a bunch of people with signs throwing frisbees and hackeysacks at each other.

Only 62% of western slope voters voted against the wolf introduction? What's up with this?
You have a few liberal strong holds in the West slope, Vail Eagle, Aspen, Durango, all likely voted heavily in favor. There are still alot of liberals in Montrose, Delta, Junction as well as Glenwood Springs, Carbondale

Won't make,a,difference you simply bring them to the county lines,surrounding them and,open the cages let the wolves,naturally walk across the county line

In 15 years they will be passing a bill to get rid of them after the libs poodles became meals for their wolves.

In 15 years they will be passing a bill to get rid of them after the libs poodles became meals for their wolves.
Nope they will feed their poodles,to them just to make sure the wolves,are not starving due to them eating all the elk and,deer just like they did here,in Idaho and Montana

Exactly! The popular vote could be harmful in so many ways. Definitely not the best approach for wildlife.
The wolf shouldn’t of been killed off in the first place. Bring em back. Bring em back strong.

Grizzly bears next! ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

The wolf shouldn’t of been killed off in the first place. Bring em back. Bring em back strong.

Grizzly bears next! ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
That's,already being discussed that was put in motion right after wolf reintroduction its,on the horizon

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom