Wolf release map.

I drive past the big horns in the almont triangle alot of days.

Those things seem like easy picking for the wolves, all the little ewe babies lined up on the road.

I asked my friend that works at the cpw what the cpw thought about wolves and sheep interacting. Sounded like they dont really talk about it, other than to say the sheep are over populated anyway.

Now enter the weird inter conflict where some animals are “worth” more than other, but all fall short of the glory given to the “god like grey woof” wonder how the nut bags will rationalize all the pets or baby animals turned into snacks by the “do no wrong woofs”?

I have 2 wolfpacks on my wi. Property. 3 years ago in feb. A judge opened up taking 200. Our local coyote hound hunters took out 11, fired 1 shot.

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2386(1).jpg

I want to hear more of this story.....
No story, fact. When the judge issued the 200 quota, we had 36 hours to enter the draw and 48 hours to call in a kill which opened a window. Nobody called a kill in asap. Wolves hunt in pairs, i have had them chasing deer under my treestand many times. the yote hounds split the pair, dead wolf.

No story, fact. When the judge issued the 200 quota, we had 36 hours to enter the draw and 48 hours to call in a kill which opened a window. Nobody called a kill in asap. Wolves hunt in pairs, i have had them chasing deer under my treestand many times. the yote hounds split the pair, dead wolf.
Our local coyote hound hunters took out 11, fired 1 shot.

apparently "took out 11" didn't mean 11 dead with 1 shot

Our local coyote hound hunters took out 11, fired 1 shot.

apparently "took out 11" didn't mean 11 dead with 1 shot
The hound dogs killed 10. The same hounds kill most coyotes also. This group takes over 100/year. Hamstring, jugular.

Cafw planted wolves at lake Shasta. We hope they make it to san fransico quickly but they will run into mt. Lions that havent been hunted in 37 years. Co. Should have done us a favor and dropped them in Boulder, Vail, Aspen?

Cafw planted wolves at lake Shasta. We hope they make it to san fransico quickly but they will run into mt. Lions that havent been hunted in 37 years. Co. Should have done us a favor and dropped them in Boulder, Vail, Aspen?
What drugs are you on? I want some.

PM inbound.

Mn. Has 3,000 wolves..deer dpsm sucks now. Wi. Has 1800 wolves. The northern 1/3 of the state has a dpsm of about 5. My county dpsm is 70. Each wolf needs 20 deer to eat/year. Do the math.

I have dealt with this issue for years. Want your kids walking the woods in the summer alone? Anyone who doubts me, i can take you into my cedar swamp with a headlamp and you can crawl into one of the dens on my property. Ha

No point if you’re not on drugs bro. I thought your delusional thoughts were psychedelic drug induced but I guess not…
Please point out 1 delusional thought....think i am a fraud. Look up the cover story of the 1975 outdoor life. Here is 1 wall of my game room. 14 book elk, sheep slam, #57 alltime bou and 47 book whitetails. Yep, 50 years of delusional hunting.

20180418_155645.png

dadspics 3319.JPG

I f

I figured out what SS means. Perfect.
Beautiful trophy room. Not sure how it’s relevant but thanks for sharing.

14 book elk and none of them in either pic? I thought they would run in pairs.

1975 outdoor life? Sorry I don’t have a library card. Or Time Machine.

Beautiful trophy room. Not sure how it’s relevant but thanks for sharing.

14 book elk and none of them in either pic? I thought they would run in pairs.

1975 outdoor life? Sorry I don’t have a library card. Or Time Machine.
I count 9 book elk on 2 wall pics, in 1 room. 1 is 396. Google the cover. Don Lemon knows how to google.

I count 9 book elk on 2 wall pics, in 1 room. 1 is 396. Google the cover. Don Lemon knows how to google.
Nice to know that people exaggerated the scores BEFORE the internet. ?

Post up some stories. They have to be better than the wolf ones.

I’ll look up that cover sometime. Now stop holding back on the drugs. I know with Medicare you have access to the good stuff.

Nice to know that people exaggerated the scores BEFORE the internet. ?

Post up some stories. They have to be better than the wolf ones.

I’ll look up that cover sometime. Now stop holding back on the drugs. I know with Medicare you have access to the good stuff.
All entered the books. Py and bc. Folks inflate scores that have never been entered.

Interesting that wi wolves run alone…..
Interesting article about wolves in Minnesota running solo or in pairs. Right next door to WI…

Updated Wolf Introduction plan. It sucks!

Page 24 clearly calls out the potential impact this may have on elk tags and seasons.
“Ungulate harvest objectives in Colorado may need to be adjusted over time as a result of wolves on the landscape, which will impact hunting opportunities for resident and non-resident hunters, as well as businesses that rely on hunting, such as Outfitters. Additional regulatory restrictions, such as shortened hunting seasons to reduce hunter success rates, may need to be considered in some areas where wolves become established.”
https://cpw.state.co.us/.../Item.4-20230406_REVISED_Draft...

Updated Wolf Introduction plan. It sucks!

Page 24 clearly calls out the potential impact this may have on elk tags and seasons.
“Ungulate harvest objectives in Colorado may need to be adjusted over time as a result of wolves on the landscape, which will impact hunting opportunities for resident and non-resident hunters, as well as businesses that rely on hunting, such as Outfitters. Additional regulatory restrictions, such as shortened hunting seasons to reduce hunter success rates, may need to be considered in some areas where wolves become established.”
https://cpw.state.co.us/.../Item.4-20230406_REVISED_Draft...
Wow what a shocker… this is literally what the wolf worshipers want. To get rid of human hunting

Winter kill , wolves , quality diminishing, more hunters ect. ect. Better dump those preference points boys and go hunt. Colorado’s good ol days are gone and not coming back.

So they are going to pay to "introduce wolfs". Then pay up to $15,000 for livestock that wolfs kill. I think they are going to need my NR money.

To keep things updated. A pretty good explanation of SB256. If you have the time, there is an interesting exchange with Gibbs, the Hefe for CPW. If you have time, take a look.

He clearly wants woofs, and the sooner the better:

”But SB 256 would deny the will of Colorado voters, Gibbs said. "It is a solution in search of a problem...If it were to pass, it would unacceptably tie the hands of the state of Colorado to a federal process" where litigation could drag out reintroduction to 2029 or later. “

Well as we resident and nonresidents fight one another over allocations and charging NR to cover costs, look what happens. Pretty soon even those with max points will have nothing to hunt.

The argument over allocations will become even more tense if the woofs start eating everything. My money is on deeper NR cuts if that’s the case.

That one should earn me a Thanks Manny.

To keep things updated. A pretty good explanation of SB256. If you have the time, there is an interesting exchange with Gibbs, the Hefe for CPW. If you have time, take a look.

”But SB 256 would deny the will of Colorado voters, Gibbs said. "It is a solution in search of a problem...If it were to pass, it would unacceptably tie the hands of the state of Colorado to a federal process" where litigation could drag out reintroduction to 2029 or later. “

I love all these references to “the will of the people” and subverting the voters. Like 114, wasn’t a hack job that barely squeaked through by a hair… primarily by those that will never live in wolf country if we had done a better job as opposition we might have killed it for another year or two. I hope this thing passes and it gets red taped for the next 10 years

Thanks Bluehair, A little hope is better than no hope!

What a joke! Hasn't the elk herd around eagle/vail been on an unexplainable slide for years, issues with calf recruitment? Wolves should do that some good...When's the grizzlies coming?
It's the only area in the State I know of that is a limited draw (4 GMU's) because the elk numbers are dramatically below objective.

Fyi, based on the co. Lib wolf hugger politics, wolves will decimate co. Just like mn. And wi. It's co. Worst hunter nitemare. Hope you can stop it but you can't. So enjoy the libs and edibles. So sad.

I see Perry Will cosponsored the bill. Didn’t he use to be a game warden in the Rifle area? Was a good guy as I recall.

Was the bill passed veto proof?

Ole Jerry has the throne for the next 3 years and he's showing his power will talking compromise, collaboration, constituent based progression. Laughable as is demonstrated with this veto that passed the state legislature. What s a dik.

According to the plans, they can't release within 60 miles of Indian land correct? So how does the Gunnison basin fall into an area of interest? 60 miles north of the Ute Mountain Tribe 18,807 acres in 66 is almost into Carbondale.

If it’s not tribal trust land it’s just another piece of private property. Delta might be the closest “Indian land”.

You can safely assume the neighboring tribes were consulted.

I believe the southern utes are not in favor of the release. Need to re check but a couple meetings back I think a southern Ute rep ripped the commission a new one

I believe the southern utes are not in favor of the release. Need to re check but a couple meetings back I think a southern Ute rep ripped the commission a new one
You are correct. I don't think the wolfs want to go on Tribal land. Not sure they would make out very well.

You've got the land I was thinking of, just needs to turn on the section township and range layers and count 60 sections north or ten townships north.

I think AZ should file suit for an injunction arguing that the presence of grey wolves jeopardizes the still struggling Mexican Grey Wolf recovery effort that we have invested millions of dollars in.

Once grey's make it to AZ they will overtake the MGW and the endangered and protected MGW will cease to exist.

Now apparently the first 15 are going to be released in Glenwood Canyon……I’m skeptical that the “experimental” woof population honey hole is really where they say.

Guess this will help the struggling mule deer population. ?‍♂️??

Now apparently the first 15 are going to be released in Glenwood Canyon……I’m skeptical that the “experimental” woof population honey hole is really where they say.

Hopefully they get hit by the semis that haul ass through the canyon.

Just perfect! I’m sure that will be really helpful for the struggling deer and elk populations in that area! Not to mention the bighorns!?

Just perfect! I’m sure that will be really helpful for the struggling deer and elk populations in that area! Not to mention the bighorns!?
Remember all wildlife must bow to the almighty wolf gods, they are at the top of animals that matter, heck if you kill one they will throw you in prison for 10 years… they give thugs less time for murdering humans in some cities … plus when they hurt those populations they will just close hunting seasons on them… which is what the people that pushed the releases really want… I’ll set my tin foil hat down now

“the people” wanted this so badly that they are worried about the health and safety of all involved cause it’s what the people wanted…. Yeah sure…

The ends justify the means. This whole thing stinks. :mad:

“Colorado voters in 2020 passed a measure requiring restoration of gray wolves to the state, and the agency is planning to release them on state or private lands. It chose to take that route to avoid potentially costly and time-consuming environmental review required to release the animals on federal land, although the animals are expected to range widely onto such land.”

If we were smart sportsmen would have funded some study to say wolves cause climate change, we have done a bad job at beating them at their own game or filing suits to tie them up. Problem is most sportsmen have morals and the commies that push this insane agenda do not

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom