Wolfley Horse Rentals - Wyoming

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Just thought I would post my personal review of Wolfley Horse Rentals in Thayne, Wyoming. I first meet Wan Wolfley in 2003. I had used llama's on my first hunting trip in western Wyoming, but on the second trip, a friend recommended that I talk with Wan.

I ended up renting horses for that trip. We rented 2 horses for that 8 day trip in Oct. The horses we had worked pretty good. They were a bit slow, but very easy to handle, which is MOST important to me. I can deal with a slow horse, but I hate dealing with wild horses!

For the following 2 years ('04 and '05) I was again lucky enough to get deer tags in western Wyoming and used Wolfley horses for scouting and hunting. Every horse we have rented has been easy going. I only had trouble with one horse on the way out one day. I feed him WAY to much grain and he was wired!! He was a GREAT young horse for riding as he never slowed down, but on the trip out I wanted to lighten the load and feed him too much horse fuel and he wanted to run back to the truck.

We have had some horses that were slow walkers, but all-in-all, I would not hesitate to rent them again. In fact, hopefully again this year!

Wan is also very easy to deal with and will deliver the horses to the trailhead. I have a horse trailer and have never had to use that service, but he always offers.

Most of Wan's horses are used all summer at girl scout camps and trail ride businesses, so they stay in decent shape year round and they remain people friendly.

Wan is an advertiser on the site and you can find his website address in our Sponsor drop-down select area in the top left of this site.

If you draw a tag in Wyoming, horses ARE a good tool to get away from the crowds.

449f7dd75bdcdf7c.jpg

449f7df05beb4ec0.jpg

449f7e015bfec000.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Brian...Bro, we gotta talk about your packing there....not too shabby, but maybe a few pointers for next time....Just ribbing you a little. Do you know if they only serve Wyoming? Just curious. I have a lot of people ask about CO,NM,ID, and so forth.

Ya, my packing could use some improving. LOL

Wolfley only delivers in region G and H I believe. Maybe over into unit 66 and 69 in Idaho?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

BRIAN, I AGREE...RENTED FROM WOLFLEY BEFORE, LOOKS LIKE WE WILL AGAIN IN 2007. GOOD HORSES/ GOOD PEOPLE. YD.

What is the cost of rental. We have our own horses and use them to hunt. It gets expensive to haul them to other areas for all the blood tests and permits. Not counting the extra fuel. Had a bud sell his horses and uses a packer in his local area. We use our horses for more then just hunting so we won't sell, but it would be nice to know for comparison to see if it would be cheaper.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom