Wolves by the Wine Cup?

6chukar

While deer hunting in the end of October my family and I came across what I was 95% sure was a wolf near the Wine Cup Ranch in northeastern Nevada. It was only about 150 yards from me but it was low light and it was haulin a**. Giant, fast, and dark colored. I just had another confirmation from a reliable source of a sighting near Texas Spring a few days ago. This would only be about 10-15 miles north of where we thought we saw one. Just wondering if any other deer or elk hunters had encountered one?

While deer hunting in the end of October my family and I came across what I was 95% sure was a wolf near the Wine Cup Ranch in northeastern Nevada. It was only about 150 yards from me but it was low light and it was haulin a**. Giant, fast, and dark colored. I just had another confirmation from a reliable source of a sighting near Texas Spring a few days ago. This would only be about 10-15 miles north of where we thought we saw one. Just wondering if any other deer or elk hunters had encountered one?
I hear that they love to eat 4 x 4" peices of foam soaked with bacon grease.

Nope no wolves “just real big coyotes” I have video of two bull moose just east of that in 2015. Your eyes probably did not deceive you.

While out helping Hawkeye on his deer hunt last weekend, I was driving just north of Wine Cup at dark go to Montello. It was dark, and we were going down the road pretty quick when a GIANT "coyote" ran out in front of us. It was way bigger than any coyote I have seen. It was a dark one too. I looked at my buddy with me in my truck, and we were both shocked at what we thought we both just saw. We cant confirm it was a wolf, but IT WAS BIG and running like a bat out of HELL.

The gal at the Cowboy in Montello said there's been a few over grown coyotes around on Gambles. Another guy said he has found white tail sheds up there too.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom