WOOHOO ! Results are up - kinda

chipc

Very Active Member
They don't have the results posted but I checked my pref points just in case. They now read 0. An hour ago they read 4. Looks like a Wyoming Elk hunt in October for me !!! GOOD LUCK !! Chip

Boo wifey didn't draw last years odds for her unit and points were 100% I guess some people moved to that unit no draw for me either

Congrats chip, Where'd u draw?

No tag for me, I went longshot 113.

Good luck to all.

They've already got the drawing odds results up for 2010!

2 poor suckers must have filled their applications out wrong or something, they used up 4 preference points drawing a Special General Tag when they would have gotten one if they had put it down for their 2nd choice!

Looks like luck didn't have much to do with me drawing my general tag on my 2nd choice, there were more tags available than applicants for the special general tag. Drawing odds for the regular price general tag with no points was 24.5% this year. That's up from 23.1% for 2009.

http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/hunting/stats/demandpdf/index.asp

Dang it Nathan. I sure wish you wouldn't have put the link to the draw index on here. I drew unit 108 type 1 in the max point special draw. The odds were 50 %. The odds in the max point regular draw were 100 % !!! I want my $500 back waaaaa... Oh well, at least I have a tag. I'd be really pissed if I was one of the guys that went in the special draw with max points and DIDN'T get a tag ! Chip

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-10 AT 03:18PM (MST)[p]The special tag sure puts an interesting dynamic on things.

Wyoming sure has figured out how to maximize non-resident revenues with the "special" tags and the guide requirements in wilderness areas.

I still can't get over the 2 poor suckers who burnt up 4 preference points AND paid the extra $480 for a general tag in the special draw. The regular draw had 100% success for a general tag with 1 or more preference point and the special draw had 100% success for a general tag as a 2nd choice.

Why in the world would you put in for a general tag in the special draw with 4 preference points? More money that brains I guess.

With the limited quota areas it is hard to tell each year who is going to apply in each area and how the dynamics are going to work, but with the general tags with thousands of licenses available the numbers work out pretty closely each year.

My brother drew late area 56 rifle. Most of the time this is a slam dunk hunt as bulls are out of the park and its in early December, but with the wolf situation who knows. I still wish I were him!

Roado-

You must be a Huntin' Fool subscriber. Give the Carter's a call and ask them where to go. I don't think they've ever been to Cody, otherwise they would have never listed this unit as their #1 pick!

kingcrow...
i am a huntinfool subscriber and apparently that makes me unworthy of advice from people who have experience with that area of wyoming. i hunt too many areas to keep up on all the units in every state and i knew going into the draw that this was not the top unit in WY. i already know of private land issues with the 2dot ranch, general cow tags during the archery hunt, etc...
anyone else who has any constructive thoughts for me, please i'm all ears!

KingCrow, I 100% agree! I think it's funny Primos was in there last year and killed a bull opening day. A decent bull. They saw some elk, which is normal for the first week in there. But #1 ?! No. Is there any corrilation between Primos and HF? I don't know. Weird though.

Dieseldog, you are a dog !! Nice tag, congrats everyone. No tag here, come on Arizona !!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom