Work boots

RINK

Reaching out for advice.. I start a job that requires steel toe boots, I bought a $300 pair of Red Wings and have worn them for 2 days.. both of my heels have 1 inch open blisters.. I know the process of breaking in new boots, but these are just not a good fit for my old feet...

Any advice from folks that have years of this type of footwear???

Thanks in advance

Rink

I ended up with Thorogood boots. Made in USA, very comfortable fit. No blisters and no sore feet/ankles. Their sizes are consistent with what I have found when having my foot measured.

I've been wearing them for a few days now.

8IqGP0x.jpg

I just found the other thread you posted a while ago Feddoc,,, looks like a bunch of advice on there.. thanks for the input

You came to the wrong forum asking about work boots. Most these posters walk to the mailbox in their slippers to get their AARP magazine.

keen footwear is the most comfortable.

You came to the wrong forum asking about work boots. Most these posters walk to the mailbox in their slippers to get their AARP magazine.

keen footwear is the most comfortable.

I been wearing keens for years. They do not like the sugar factory . I got better keeping them clean at work and a weekly schedule of oil on the boots. Extended the life very much. My keens are also used for just about everything

Hey SS you should be proud of me. I got some crispi boots for the sheep hunt. Does that meet your ten commandments?

I been wearing keens for years. They do not like the sugar factory . I got better keeping them clean at work and a weekly schedule of oil on the boots. Extended the life very much. My keens are also used for just about everything

Hey SS you should be proud of me. I got some crispi boots for the sheep hunt. Does that meet your ten commandments?
Only hipsters wear crispi’s....so yes it does!

Hey RINK!

I'm Not Easy on Boots or anything else!

But I Get 3-4 Years out of these!

When They Get Near Worn Out I Get another New Pair & Rotate every other Day From New to Old for about 2 Weeks!

Granted,Even RED-WINGS Ain't as Good as they Once Were!

Hey RINK!

When They Get Near Worn Out I Get another New Pair & Rotate every other Day From New to Old for about 2 Weeks!

I assumed you wore camo crocs

Hey RINK!

Verdict: Are Red Wing Boots Made in the USA?​

According to Red Wing, over 60% of their boots are manufactured right here in the USA. This percentage is quite impressive compared to other shoe and boot manufacturers who have moved the large majority of their production overseas. Most of their American manufacturing takes place in their plants in Potosi, Missouri and Red Wing, Minnesota.

We decided to test this 60% claim. We took a look at every single work boot style available on the Red Wing website and where they are made. Here is a breakdown of their origin, according to the website.

• Made in USA – 25.8%
  • Made in the USA with Imported Materials – 18.7%
  • Assembled in the USA with Imported Components – 1.0%
  • Made in Cambodia – 15.2%
  • Made in China – 28.8%
  • Made in Vietnam – 10.6%

Hey Doc!

Not All Red Wings are Made in the USA! (SAD!)

But The Ones I'm Sportin are!
I've been seeing that (the thing where 'some' products are made in the USA, some are not). Used to be posted, now ya gotta look for where stuff is made.

Danner Vicious is a great steel toe work boot. I just bought another pair. I’ve actually left my shoes at home more than once on family trips because the boots are so comfortable that I forgot I had them on and left without my shoes.

Problem with asking this question on a hunting forum is you have certain types that won’t venture into anything “non-cowboy,” therefore, leaving you with their biased opinion because they’re too stubborn to admit their cowboy gear suucks.
Then you have the other extreme of folks that wear what is comfortable to them and their feet. Their biased opinion only helps them and their foot because everyone’s foot is different.

So, here’s my biased opinion:
I go bare foot in most cases and wear steel toe flip-flops on the job. No blistering and no smashed toes.

Hope this helps.

These used used to be called a miner's boot but since all the coal mines shut down they don't call them that anymore. The company I worked for bought each employee one pair per year. (Before I retired).
They are a pretty good boot. But they have an internal metatarsal guard so they might be a little stiff if you are walking hills. These don't say thinsulate but the ones I have do so they may be a little warm.
They have the tiger toe in case you have to crawl or work off your knees. You can probably find them a little cheaper than that. Probably less than $250.
American made.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom