world class utah buffalo

big6

Here is some pictures and a story of the hunt
don posted on here about a buffalo guide there was some really good recommendations like terry albrecht and danny albrecht well danny dont guide any more and terrys health now days isnt really the best so don had to settle for me taylor albrecht i work for high top outfitters here in southern utah i contacted don and sent him some pictures and we talked back and forth for about a week and we made a plan i had another hunt during the week that would work best for don and don had a work party during the weekend that worked best for me well we talked and decided if i got done early on my other clients elk hunt then we would jet down to the henrys and kill a buff well that plan seemed to work the best we killed our elk sunday morning and tuesday morning we were heading to the desert
i met don just outside the sandy ranch and we set up camp for the next five day and hit the hills we went to my favorite spot to scout for a lone bull and we couldnt turn up an animal we got back to camp and finally about mid night i got to bed
the next morning came fast as we headed out to find the biggest bull on the hill and in the desert we started low and instantly got on a large herds tracks and started glassing we found the herd and there was about 100 head moving away from us and we followed. as we capped over th ridge there was a smaller herd of about 30 head and just off one side was a mature bulled he had broomed off about 4-6 inches but had awsome mass as we sat there glassing for a better bull they spotted us and started moving off well it was to long before the rest of the herd capped over the ridge and came right to us about 300 yards away i told don that i he wanted a bull with great looks but not a huge scoring bull to look at the one on the left middle of the group and if he wanted one that would score the best and has the best look to shoot the one in the back just coming over the ridge well after about 10 min glassing and making sure this was the best bull we decided it was time to kill after a short hike we were in position to blow the dust off th bull well the first shot didnt find its mark but the second shot after we repositioned did after after tracking the bull for a mile and half the bull knew it was over and stepped out 100 yards away and don put 3 more well placed shots and the bull was finally down and the work began it was a great time and a fun day and don now has a once in a life time true trophy the bull will place top 10 in th state of utah and i think top 30 sci in the world for free roaming american bison congrats don and thank you for sharing your hunt with high top outfitters feel free to add to the story thanks again
Taylor

31971317296235-picsay.jpg

63011317296213-picsay.jpg

55051317296136-picsay.jpg

awesome Bull.
What you didn't pack him out whole. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Hey Taylor, I am going to draw out there sometime soon. You got anymore like that out there ? I may have to hire you.That is a beatiful bison.

Taylor is an outstanding guide. He goes the extra mile for all of his clients. He is a valuable member of our Team. Congratulations Don on a World Class Bison!!!
HTO

Big john you let me know when you draw your tag and we will get you set up there is still a few good bulls left down there i know where one is right now that will make book but he is not this big he has broomed his tops off so he looses about 4-6 in a year ago he would have been a stud

Great hunt Taylor,....glad y'all got a trophy for your client.....sounds like a good time to me.

Thanks for the comments. firemedic couple more weeks and your pictures will be up here i am gonna help some friends of our outfitters down here on the pauns so i will get a few extra days of scouting in. awholelottabull the buff is easily in the books and it will be interesting to see where he lands should be in the top 10 in the state

Awesome bull. Congrats to you both. In less than a week I will be headed that way. Can not wait to see the Henry's and hunt bison. I am willing to settle for one a bit smaller than that one. :)

Ramtagless where are you from? we were down there for the opening on the fifth and killed another good bull opening day. i origanally was down there to help a guy with a reinstated govenors tag and we passed on about 8 bulls then he left and i started hunting with some friends here is a pic of her bull
4861106111333.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom