World record typical 226"???

"Shouldn't winter be the busy crazy time for a lion outfitter??? Why the hell would you play with pened muleys in mexico when you should be going balls to the walls chasing dogs??? Off season and down time for a houndsman is the summer."

See BCBoy, you do have questions that you don't understand. So why don't you quit asking the internet and go to the source. USE THE TELEPHONE! I guess its easier to never be a man and deal with problems constructively.

My question has not been answered yet and I am actually serious about it.

"Did they measure the buck before they shot it?"

I bet they did and it is then that they released it thinking it could be the SCI World Record. If it was too small (might have been last year), they could have put it back in the cage and tried to pump him up for next year's harvest.

If I take the time out of my busy schedule to call Wade, will he answer my question?

BCBoy has a serious point about raising these animals and pumping them full of the good stuff and then shooting them when they reach their potential. That is crazy, not even close to comparable to the Burris Buck. It is game harvesting or something, not hunting.

"If I take the time out of my busy schedule to call Wade, will he answer my question?"

You mean less time than it took to type your post????? Why don't you call and ask Wade Lemon?

I am sure they measured the deer, the same time they took the picture of it in velvet. They knew exactly how big it was.

i sure wouldn't want to hunt a high fence or a deer pumped full of steroids. I dont think there is any question that this deer was indeed one of these. a complete disgrace in my mind. mabey its time to get rid of b&c with all the fake animals around now a days. I wonder how many fake ones have made it into the b&c book. I'm not going to bash on the outfitter for being a part of this hunt but I would never be a part of a high fence operation. i'll just stay up here with BCBOy hunting muleys for three months, far from any high fences.

"I am sure they measured the deer, the same time they took the picture of it in velvet. They knew exactly how big it was."

You do realize there is a very significant difference between a velvet antler size and hard antler.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 04:10PM (MST)[p]
>You do realize there is a
>very significant difference between a
>velvet antler size and hard
>antler.

im sure they were a lot closer than a person trying to field judge!!

"im sure they were a lot closer than a person trying to field judge!! "

I am not talking about field judging. I am talking about antlers in your hands and a loose tape measure. There is a huge difference in those two scores.

>"im sure they were a lot
>closer than a person trying
>to field judge!! "
>
>
>I am not talking about field
>judging. I am talking
>about antlers in your hands
>and a loose tape measure.
> There is a huge
>difference in those two scores.
>

Thanks for stating the obvious Pig. What would us poor ole ignorant western folk do without you to show us the way?

Hey Pig, do you have Wade's number? I'll call and ask him.

Don't think he wants to talk about it. The picture of the pet buck is not on his Facebook page anymore. Funny how that works.

No need to call him. His website says that Kalan Lemon guided a hunter to the SCI typical world record. It doesn't say pending and it doesn't say Estate or high-fenced.

"You do realize there is a very significant difference between a velvet antler size and hard antler."

I had no idea thanks for letting me know.

The difference is mostly in the mass measurements. Of course I know that and this deer was shot on a high fence ranch as you can see from the picture they had it on the ground in the velvet. I guess I shouldn't have used the word "exactly" as they may have been off an inch or so. I would assume that they know very closely what the difference would be when the deer rubbed out.

Tere literally might be twenty inches of difference between a velvet rack and his hard antlered rack. By the way a photo of a captured deer in velvet does not mean it was a high fenced deer. There are thousands upon thousands of deer captured and photo'd just like this one which have never once seen a high fence. Could this deer be from a high fenced ranch? You bet. Do you know that for sure? Nope. Neither do I.

Ok, what I should have said is I am fairly certain this is a high fenced buck. Go to the ranch website and look at the deer photos, it is pretty obvious.

I agree that deer can lose a lot of inches from velvet to hard horn, but someone with experience raising deer would know about how much it would lose, like I said its mostly the mass measurements.

I killed a typical buck here in AZ a couple years ago; in velvet it was 205 6/8 gross and stripped it was 199 gross. Most of the loss was in the mass measurements.

>Tere literally might be twenty inches
>of difference between a velvet
>rack and his hard antlered
>rack. By the way
>a photo of a captured
>deer in velvet does not
>mean it was a high
>fenced deer. There are
>thousands upon thousands of deer
>captured and photo'd just like
>this one which have never
>once seen a high fence.
> Could this deer be
>from a high fenced ranch?
>You bet. Do you
>know that for sure? Nope.
> Neither do I.

Hey Pig, serious question here. Where does thousands upon thousands of muleys being captured and photo'd take place????? And who is doing the capturing and photoing???????

This poor ole ignorant westerner who's not a wildlife biologist and who's not a wildlife expert like you would like to know. Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm still wanting Wade's number. Thanks Pig.

You can Beat that dead horse a lot he still isn't getting up and walk, But the fact is that buck was blindfold and tied up to be taken by a "hunter" You claim that it was all done with best intentions, MONEY.
That tied up buck picture is the thing that dumps this kind of hunt into the gutter. It doesn't matter is the ranch is 500 acres or 50,000 acres.
Did you get the taxi job for that buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

SHotgun,

I will try and answer the question as best I can. All over the USA where mule deer exist they are captured and released by both government agencies and in some cases private ranches and corporations. This also goes on in Mexico. I have no direct proof that it occurs in Canada but it would not surprise me.

Call Wade I think his number is on a website. You can use Google can't you boy????

"Did you get the taxi job for that buck."

No I did not. I do not know where this buck is or even if it has or is being mounted.

Think the Burris buck ever ate protein pellets out of a feeder,walked inside anything other than 3 strand, was tranquilized, was hog-tied and blind folded? Probably not. That Mexican buck didn't ask for that nonsense. Sugar-coating a freaking turd is what defending this is.

The burris buck never asked to get whacked. Do we base our wildlife and hunting decisions on the mythical idea that we can communicate with deer and know what they "ask" for. I think not.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 03:10PM (MST)[p]Bucksby, being i was one of the first to mention the Burris buck associated with this thread, i'll respond to your post.

Do you believe that those who post pictures here of nice bucks, are or should be Guilty until proven innocent?

Now, maybe i'm guilty of accepting the caption as given but i only mentioned The Burris Buck before more info came out.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My point is that buck was probably born wild and humans f---ed it up. Thats what I mean by that buck didn't ask for it. Because it's Mexico it's the perfect petri dish for experimenting to totally bastardize legitimate fair chase hunting. Thumbs down to those who thinks its OK. It's not.

I have no idea what you are talking about Joey.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 06:31PM (MST)[p]"Sugar-coating a freaking turd is what defending this is."

As i said, i "defended" this buck before all the circumstances came out.

Can you throw out the whole barrel because there are a few rotten apples in it? Should all of Mexico's Mule deer hunting be considered non Fair Chase?

Joey

Remove | Alert "It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

So horse creek it looks like your question is answered if the info on wades page is correct it is the new world record.

Hey Pig, Do you have any proof that besides in Mexico and TexASS that private ranches and corporations are capturing and photographing muleys?

Besides in Mexico and TexASS is it even legal for private individuals and/or corporations to capture Muleys even on private land?

Maybe you can ask one of your lawyer buddys that know so much about the judicial system in Utah. Boy.

Just say what you have to say boy. Your not getting anywhere. Do you have a point? I highly doubt that you do. Take your pills.

I made know statement I have to prove you moron. Go back and read. You are badgering to prove your question. You think you are on to something but you are putting yourself in your own headlock.

I know, you have nothing to prove, blah blah blah. Just talking out your a$$ as usual.

Hey Pig, Do you KNOW the difference between know and no? Who's the moron? Boy.

Shotgun,

You are demanding proof for YOUR QUESTION! How in the world is that someone else talking out their butt if its YOUR QUESTION? Are you too stupid to realize that? Does simple logic fail you completely?

This post has really had my attention, and has been quite entertaining. I am a fair chase guy that has always done it myself so I don't have to worry about hunting this type of animal. But.... I question how many corporate americans that call themselves hunters would even blink an eye at not taking this deer and putting it in their office? I bet none. I really don't fault the outfitter if the guy was willing to pay for what he was getting and everything was on the up and up. I guess that is the big question? Did the hunter know what was really going on? If he did good for him and the outfitter, as there was a happy hunter and an outfitter with a bunch more money in his pocket. Either way it was a gorgeous animal that had likely reached it's prime and needed to be taken.

I was also watching a whitetail hunting show this week (can't remember which one) and they were hunting Canada- Alberta?? can't remember- it was super cold and lots of snow. They were baiting the wild deer into these areas where they had stands as it was the only way to kill them according to the host. Is that really that much different? To me it's kind of the same thing, but if the hunter and the guide are on the up and up and everyone is cool with it go get em. I really think this thread was started to stir the pot because someone really knew all of this was going to come out, and it's sad to me.
What should have been posted was the real story of this magnificent animal so we could all admire the great genetics that it had regardless if it was pen raised. Just my two-cents on a hot thread.

I was searching for that pic a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. Thx for bringing it back to the surface!!!

If you want to hunt a high fence, Wade is your man.

If you want to hunt an island, Wade is your man.

If you want to hunt a closed unit, Wade is your man.

If you want to hunt over bait in Utah and have one of his guides push deer away from other hunters, Wade is your man.

Wade Lemon is the Nick Saban of the hunting world. Everybody gossips and hates Old Nick for a million different stories and bulls--t reasons. Next season Nick will be back kicking everyone's butts no matter how much I hate it and Wade will be back running an honest business and stacking meat and bone in the bed of trucks. No matter how much you or I cry and complain Nick Saban will whoop my beloved Texas Aggies and Wade will prevail.

21235.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom