Worth buying an elk tag 2

callsalot

The first "worth buying an elk tag" post was for 3rd season unit 70 because I drew the deer tag which will be the focus of the hunt and one I've done twice before. I've never bought a 3rd season elk tag to go along with it however. After the responses being very mixed on the first post of if it's worth buying the OTC elk tag I just went ahead and did it.

So the question is if I tag my buck earlier in the hunt around the dry creek Basin area do I stay there looking for an elk or should I look elsewhere for the elk??

Thanks to anyone willing to share there thoughts.

Last year it was worth the tag, I know a group that filled 12 of 13 tags, 7 bulls and 5 cows. They said elk were everywhere, but those type of years are few and far between.

Well I'm glad to here there is at least a chance. If they would be willing to share any information on where they found elk that would be great, if not I understand. Thanks for you thoughts.

Chit , I am just worried where to find the Deer. And not the tiny ones , something descent. I am willing to Hike and get away from the road Hunters. And what about Bear too?

Large Bull, I've commented a lot about 70 in other post. Like 90% of mule deer hunts in the west this unit isn't what it used to be. The best advice I can give is to just have fun and if a big one is what you want hold out to the end because new bucks can move into the unit daily.

Paul,

Nope not from California. Born and raised in Central Oregon and then moved to Western Oregon for work but I sure miss the high desert and hope to move back there one day.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom