Would You Eat It?

slamdunk

Screenshot_20201027-213628_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-213549_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-213519_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201027-213501_Instagram.jpg

This is a Wasatch West Buck taken last week near Alpine.
Would you eat it?
I don't think I would take the chance.

Mixing up apples and oranges there Jester. NOPE THAT BUCK IS NOT GOING INTO ANYONE I LOVE MOUTH .

I've seen deer with grows like that. F&G officer told me it was a type of wart or cyst, can't remember exactly what he said. Said they should be fine to eat but I would be real skeptical. What did it look like skinned out?

So, does anyone know what those growths are? I had a deer around here last summer with something similar going on. Only time I have ever seen it. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

It’s a skin infection, there is no damage to the meat. Like Jester said you all have had something in your mouth similar the lights were turned off

I would feel horrible about wasting meat but I wouldn’t eat it or let anyone eat it. Give it to the coyotes.

I shot a buck like that in Montana in 2007 and I took it up to the F&G office and they said is was some type of warts and that it was okay to eat. I ate it and think I turned out fine.

Wish I had taken better pictures of it.

2007_Muledeer_contest.jpg

This was before I learned how to take good field photos.

I shot a buck like that in Montana in 2007 and I took it up to the F&G office and they said is was some type of warts and that it was okay to eat. I ate it and think I turned out fine.

Wish I had taken better pictures of it.

2007_Muledeer_contest.jpg

This was before I learned how to take good field photos.
What's that lump on the side of your head from?? j/k

Pappaloma(probably misspelled) not uncommon but uncommon to have so many and so big. Not harmful to eat, but tough to get past.

"the Master has His reasons, life is His to give or take"

I would be a vegetarian before eating that critter. G&F has to give you another tag. Maybe drop it off on there front door if they balk??

Look up deer fibroma. Many states F&W dept have website pages detailing it, as it is pretty common.

Awful to see... this is probably an extreme case of fibromas (skin tumors). Not sure if they are benign or cancerous or malignant. I don't think the rest of the anatomy (like meat, fat muscle tissue, blood) is affected by them.

I would and I have. A lot of bucks have them. They are a type of cervid wart. It doesn’t affect humans

Reminds me of the chapter in micro about genital warts. Of course the professor had the mist extreme examples.

No I couldn't eat it. Applicable in both circumstances?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom