Would you send an arrow? Or bullet?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Last day of your long awaited hunt. You just walked over the ridge and he knows you're there. He's just 40-50 yards away, but you can't afford to screw around pulling out a rangefinder to get the exact yardage. You've got less than 17 seconds to make a decision and do it. Can you, would you, send an arrow?

What about if you were rifle hunting and he stood up just the same at 100 yards, could you, would you, take the off-hand rifle shot?

No on rifle and no on the bow because looks little to early before any season that is open
I agree - that looks like a July buck based on the bulbs on the tips. might get busted for poaching out of season - LOL

honestly that guy could end up being a nice buck by the time the season arrives, but based on what he currently is packing for headgear I would say pass.

Guys, he's just asking if its a shot you would take, not whether or not the buck is fully grown or not... I'm sure Founder knows he found this buck in July on a scouting trip. ;):)
BR - I think we were just having some fun rather than just simple "yes" or "no" responses. Thus my tongue in cheek "poaching" comment.

Like I said before, not a buck I would cut my tag on. However, "Would" I take that shot?

40-50 yards with a bow is not a problem. However with the leaves & the branch in the way? Absolutely not unless he moved clear.

Rifle? that's a slam dunk easy shot. even off hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom