Wounded elk in Parleys

bowhunter82

I hit a six point elk at 9:00 am in Parleys near the summit, The shot was 40 yards quartering away and I hit a little back I thought with the angle that it would be good. It wasn't a pass through. After the hit it took off down canyon and was spraying blood out his right side. I saw where he crossed the ridge so we gave him some time and then started on the blood. The blood was good and we ended up following the trail for maybe a mile and found where he bedded and it was a pool of blood. We ended up following him for another four or five miles with constant blood. He ended up going into a big pine canyon down from the summit and crossing over into Lambs Canyon and continuing up Lambs. I spent all day Saturday up there and went up again today until dark but the snow was getting heavy and covering the blood and tracks until I couldn't see either anymore. The last blood I found was one or two draws down from the gate in Lambs. So now I'm going to try to go and to cover the areas he was heading but I thought I would try to get the word out. If you or anybody you know encounters a 260-300 inch six point hit in the right side probably a little back in these areas I described please let me know. Thanks

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom