Wow, Animal Control is OUTTA CONTROL

mossback50cal

Very Active Member
So, we have two dogs. A puppy, and a two year old chihuahua mix for our daughters. I was in the shower yesterday morning, getting ready for work, and I hear the puppy whining, I get out of the shower, look out the window, and there is an Animal Control officer in our yard! I get outta the shower, run out the door, and he is already gone. Now, the little puppy is on a 50 foot chain, as she tends to get out. My fiancee goes to the pound, and as it turns out, our dog got thru the fence, but was still on our property, with her chain still attached, and he took her because we don't have a fence in our front yard! He saw the puppy in the back yard, who hadn't gotten out, was still on our property, and he jumped the fence and took him! They want us to pay to get them back, totaling $170! They are trying to charge us for the puppy not being neutered. Well he is only four months old, and the Vet will not neuter him until he is 6 months old!!!! My fiancee went in yesterday, I am going in today, and they are not gonna like me!

Make certain Cruces doesn't have a law against dogs being chained (or tied off) like Albudirty does. Regardless, it sounds as though there is something fundamentally wrong here as the animals were on private property.

You should be able to get by the intact dog issue by virtue of its age and by the simple fact that it was taken off of your property. If you can confirm that you were not in the wrong with either dog you can always contact your local city counselor or other politico and media outlets as a form of waging a proper campaign against such actions...BUT, make certain you are in the clear before doing so with regard to local rules. Let us know how it all comes down and good luck!

www.streamflies.com

Typical animal control Nazis.

In KA it is now illegal to have a dog on a chain in some counties.

Just watch the shows on Animal Planet and you can see where the mentality comes from.

We had a similer experiance.My chessapeake bay retriver who passed away few years back was barking up a storm one afternoon. Well animal control was in our yard apparently chasing a skunk that they thought was sick. Well instead of knocking on our door to let me what was going on the officer just jumped the fence into our yard.Well my dog didn't recognize him of course and was a little mad.When we came out of the house the officer was getting ready to shoot my dog in my own yard.The officer then proceeded to lecture me about my dog barking at him..Needless to say I was a little mad.Not sure what animal controls problem was.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom