Wow, no help? 062, nv

Here's a tip - find a high vantage point in a likely area and glass till you can't glass no more. If there are elk in the area, you should see them at some point. If there aren't elk, move to the next vantage.

Alright, you guys, I just needed more eyes in the field, no joke, meat hunt, I don’t believe in cow killing, I just got past my waiting period on bulls, put in for it but no, do want meat, so I put in for the spike, easy draw, not so easy hunt. I live 300 miles away and only have so much fuel, two trips so far for nada, one more go this weekend

Well spinner?!

It sounds like you have fallen into the social media trap!

They make hunting sound so easy!

Just get a tag and the rest will be easy!

Free handouts are probably still out there BUT....

Being willing to accept defeat is a better option!

Take your remaining gas money and buy a half of a beef!

Problem solved!

Even though I have had 100% success rate on killing elk on public land over the past 18 years, I still will never say it is easy!

Hardest animal I have ever hunted!

Ya gotta put in the time to find em and learn how they move!

It ain’t like driving to the fast food joint and picking out what you like LOL!

Good Luck!

Well spinner?!

It sounds like you have fallen into the social media trap!

They make hunting sound so easy!

Just get a tag and the rest will be easy!

Free handouts are probably still out there BUT....

Being willing to accept defeat is a better option!

Take your remaining gas money and buy a half of a beef!

Problem solved!

Even though I have had 100% success rate on killing elk on public land over the past 18 years, I still will never say it is easy!

Hardest animal I have ever hunted!

Ya gotta put in the time to find em and learn how they move!

It ain’t like driving to the fast food joint and picking out what you like LOL!

Good Luck!
Any true hunter would NEVER buy a beef!!! How dare you, you must be a googan!!!!!!

Any true hunter would NEVER buy a beef!!! How dare you, you must be a googan!!!!!!
Just sayin Spinner!

expecting an elk to fall into your lap the same way a beef does at the butcher shop will make for a frustrating and suicidal life!

So at this point in the game, I’d tuck tail and buy some beef with that left over gas money!

Ain’t no spike worth multiple 600 mile round trips!

Also this post has been my only social media, bullsh’t! I don’t do that crap and this one isn’t much better, I was hoping for a sighting but I knew all I would get was a bunch of nonsense, I think most of social media is nothing but a way of people fantasizing and lying, sorry I asked

But for real Camtopps,

I’m a forgiving guy! I’ll let u take back the Googan remark since that only applies to fisherman (and I ain’t got “spinner” in my name) But if you’re ever in Northern Utah still looking for some free handouts on elk, look me up!

I have more elk meat than I can eat!

but sorry, the loins are off limits!

Spinner, getting grumpy isn't going to get you much help. And the title of your post makes you sound like you are expecting people to fall all over themselves to help. I generally don't give specific help to people on here with less than 50 or so posts. Many people come on here asking for information that has taken people 20-30 years to learn and a whole lot more gas than a few 600 mile round trips.

I say, just enjoy your hunt and learn a ton about the area, don't get obsessed with the kill. You'll probably need to learn the area like everybody else; time, hard work and trial and error (and gas money). It took me 4 years to start to figure out the General season area near me. A lot of failure and unused tags but that's just part of the learning process.

Hard work will lead to long term success.

Also this post has been my only social media, bullsh’t! I don’t do that crap and this one isn’t much better, I was hoping for a sighting but I knew all I would get was a bunch of nonsense, I think most of social media is nothing but a way of people fantasizing and lying, sorry I asked

It’s simple why you haven’t received any help: we see posts like yours many many times a year. Many people come on here and with their first post ask for help and then they disappear. You contribute NOTHING to this website. Sad part is if you stick around you would see it is a great website. It’s only Billshirt because you didn’t get what you want. ? I guarantee you that someone who contributes to this site would get TONS of help. You may not like it, but thems are the facts.

But you might be right: this websites “grapes” are probably sour anyway

Nobody’s offering you help because you’re acting like an entitled little ****. You not having the skill to find an elk is not our problem. Next time, maybe word your post a little different and you might get lucky and have someone willing to help you out. Just remember, no one on here owes you a damn thing.

But for real Camtopps,

I’m a forgiving guy! I’ll let u take back the Googan remark since that only applies to fisherman (and I ain’t got “spinner” in my name) But if you’re ever in Northern Utah still looking for some free handouts on elk, look me up!

I have more elk meat than I can eat!

but sorry, the loins are off limits!
Thank you, if your ever in western nv. I’ll take you after whatever your chasing, I have turkey, deer, antelope, chukar, duck and goose covered here, you are invited anytime and welcome, that’s how we are, and yes I fish, trout, salmon, striper, and sturgeon.

Also, my partner and I have already had spike tag stew, more then once, lol, seems easier to kill a bull then find a spike, the only way I’ve found a spike was while cleaning my bull, one walked by, now with a spike tag, I find more bulls, then before, always works like that, and cfmuley you are sooo wrong about me, too bad

Your last 2 posts are more in line. I may be wrong about you, but that’s how you’re going to be perceived with the way you were portraying yourself.

Reason for my title was because on my first post, before scouting trip, beginning of oct. I didn’t even get a good luck out of anyone! Well around here we help whenever asked, sorry I misjudged

Remember, life isn’t about who you owe or owes you but how can you help others, that’s what’s wrong with people now, they forget and the world ends up like it is now

Remember, life isn’t about who you owe or owes you but how can you help others, that’s what’s wrong with people now, they forget and the world ends up like it is now
I’m more than willing to help people in need on hunts. I’ve hunted over 40 days this season and only spent 5 days total on my 2 tags. I’m also much more likely to help people that ask politely and don’t think I owe them.
Spinner60- Here is an example of how you might want to word things in the future, I have found 90% of these guys and gals to be super helpful: (EXAMPLE) Hey fellas, I have a spike elk tag for unit XYZ from Oct 10-31. I live 197 hours away and will be unable to scout this unit. I have look this unit over on google earth/onX etc. Has anyone ever hunted this unit before, and if so, how was your experience? Did you see a good amount of elk? Were they on North/South?East?West facing aspects? Im looking at starting my hunt on the south end and work the drainage's from west to east. The trails i have in mind are these x,y,z. What do you guys think? For those that have hunted this unit, does my plan look shitty, or good?

I guarantee you, if you asked your questions with some tact you would have received the help you wanted in some way, shape or form. I too have made mistakes on MM but i learned real quick. Its a give and take forum, not a take and take forum. Best of luck to you and I hope you fill your tag or buy a cow.

You see what is wrong. I choose to see what is right. And I have gotten tons of help through the years, both here and in the world in general. You don’t want to spend the time to develop relationships. You want someone to help you just because you are a “fellow hunter” and then you move on. Sorry, this site, and the world, doesn’t work that way. Especially telling someone on an open forum “a good place to hunt” for anything. I hope you are successful

Nope, two tags I’ve never filled, both spike, area experienced a major winter kill, due to a major fire, two years ago, on to deer season

5C79BDA6-35C2-4B8A-9FBE-CD757F63E96B.jpeg

Wow, I was trying to be positive, more negative crap, and the two of you that actually said something are now doing exactly what you complained about, I think there is a few of you that have no life. And thank the others for their help, a couple of you are decent.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice!

But I also hope you understand that had you spent time here in the past and posted hunting comments and pics like these as a participant of this website, you would have gotten a ton of help. If doing that is too much, then what happened here is what you can expect on every website I have ever been on. Like it nor not, Its as simple as that.

Nice!

But I also hope you understand that had you spent time here in the past and posted hunting comments and pics like these as a participant of this website, you would have gotten a ton of help. If doing that is too much, then what happened here is what you can expect on every website I have ever been on. Like it nor not, Its as simple as that.
yep

I am still a bit baffled with how you expected any of us to help you find a spike. Were you hoping one of us located a spike in your exact unit and tied him to a tree for you, or were you just hoping one of us had been in your unit and had seen a spike recently (still a very long shot)? I am always happy to help guys out, but there is a limit to what we can do and your expectations might need to be adjusted accordingly :ROFLMAO:

From your responses, it sounds like there are no spikes in your unit, so I guess my best advice is to NOT hunt that unit anymore if your tag is only good for spikes ?‍♂️

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom