Wow Vortex!

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Wow Vortex!"
I sent my scope in to have the eyepiece repaired on a spotter that I have had for 5 years. It arrived in Wisconsin on July 25th. I put a note in the Box saying that I needed it by July 26th for my scouting trip. I didn't know it would take until July 25th to arrive to them. However, they fixed it and overnight shipped it to my porch by 10 a.m. on July 26th! I was shocked. Outstanding customer service.

I cant decide if this is mockery or seriousness. But it is kind of funny. I just sent in my rifle scope on monday for repairs and hoping to get it back soon.

I don't care how good people think Swarovski customer service is ,vortex customer service is second to none. I've ran over a pair of 20?56 kaibabs and had another set on my door in 2 weeks no questions asked.
ALWAYA NO CHARGE

Only difference here is the Vortex is 5 years old, and the Swaros were 20. I wonder how many Vortex products will last 20 years of heavy use?

2a0fcsk.gif

Vortex has to have excellent customer service or they wouldn't survive. The quality just isn't the same as Swaro. I have a lot of Vortex and Swaro stuff btw.

Agreed Deerlove, when your cheap vortex glass fails on the second day of a canadian moose hunt and you have no backup that wonderful warranty means nothing.

Stealth marketing. Vortex is a master of it. 1/3 to 1/2 the threads in the optics forum at any given time are Vortex related.

Now will come the denials.

Hmmmm
I just looked at the last 40 threads in the optics forum and 3 were about vortex with zero complaints.
Don't know where you came up with that but....

I bought my girlfriend a pair of Diamondbacks and they are great for the money!
Not my Ziess but not to bad like I said.

>Only difference here is the Vortex
>is 5 years old, and
>the Swaros were 20. I
>wonder how many Vortex products
>will last 20 years of
>heavy use?
>
Great comment and example.
Vortex hasn't been around long enough to really compare lifespan against the "big three" but they seem to be headed in the right direction.
I use a little bit of all four, Swaro, Zeiss, Leica and Vortex.
My old Zeiss classics 10x40's are definitely superior glass to my Swaro pair, and my Leica APO 77 spotter is just as fantastic today as it was on day one 15 years ago.
All my vortex stuff are rifle scopes, but they don't even begin to compare to my nightforce.
I learned years ago in the guiding business to NEVER compromise on optics. If a hunter is paying big bucks for a trophy animal and his guide is using budget optics, his faith in you is in the toilet!

>it blows my mind that 1000$
>optics are considered budget optics
>now

I'm with you swamp!! ?
Wth? Haha pretty sure vortex isn't considered" budget optics" . Swaro is definitely awesome, clarity in the razors isn't far behind, and the warranty is definitely better.

Not sure where it's mentioned about vortex being "budget" ?

My comment about "budget optics" was in reference to REAL "budget optics", lesser brands not mentioned in the conversation.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-18 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]Hands down swaro spotters are better. I am happy with my razor spotter though. When it comes to binos though, I honestly can't tell a difference. Admittingly, I have only looked through swaro binos a handful of times, but when I did I couldn't tell a difference. Spotters on the other hand, I could tell a difference.

I have learned the hard way to not compromise on the quality of the optics I use when hunting. You can spend less for Vortex and similar asian optics and maybe get by. Watching my buddy's moose hunt go south because his binos fogged was a lesson learned. My swaros performed flawlessly just as I knew they would. I am not wealthy, but since buying top of the line German optics I have not spent a dollar. If I was unable to buy the big three brand I would still choose Steiner, Minox, or Meopta over Vortex. Like I said earlier the Vortex warranty is worthless when you are in a remote hunting camp and your glasses fog or come out of alignment.

Yep, warranties are only good during the off season.
I'm definitely not rich either, i am a paycheck to paycheck guy.....but i refuse to compromise on optics and thats why i use "layaway"to get exactly what i want ?

I can't afford Swarovski so I am in love with my Vortex optics and their customers service is top notch.

It's funny how all you guys complain that Vortex isn't as good as Swarovski. Comparable spotting scopes the Swarovski is nearly double the price. I would expect the Swarovski to be better. If Vortex was charging the same price as Swaro and Leica then that would be something to complain about. A lot of guys can't justify spending $3-5k on a spotting scope and a $1600 Vortex is pretty good bang for the buck. You can't buy a $300 Diamondback scope and then say that it isn't a good as a Nightforce. It's pretty obvious it's a cheap scope. If you want to compare a Gen 2 Razor to a Nightforce that is a different story.

The age old question about Vortex and their warranty. This will be debated until we all die.

There are a few things that are not debatable in this, however.

1-Vortex's warranty is second to none.

2-Swaro is a better quality optic than Vortex.

3-Swaro costs 2-4 times what Vortex cost, so you can't really compare the two fairly.

Those are all pretty objective facts. The rest is all up to people's own subjective wants, opinions, budgets, etc.

I had to send my Vortex spotting scope in because the threads on the quick release plate connection stripped out. (My fault, I tried to Hulk them too much.) I had my scope back 10 days after I sent it, and not only fixed my repair, but gave it a full inspection and made sure it was up to par in every way.

I recently sent a pair of Zeiss in that just aren't as clear as they should be anymore after many, MANY years. They didn't even acknowledge receipt of the binos until 16 days after they had received them (12 business days), confirmed by the signature upon receipt through FedEx. Then they said it would take about another 10 business days to examine them and get back to me on the course of action they are going to need to take. So, not just 4 weeks after I sent them, but 4 weeks after they RECEIVED the package, I should know what they want to do with my binos. Who knows how long after that until I actually get them back? I still haven't heard from them on what they will need to do.

Murr, if 1600 bucks is your absolute limit on what you are able to spend on a spotter and Vortex is what you like by all means buy it.My point is there are a lot of good spotters in that price range
and I don't think the warranty should be the determining factor.if you look around you can find used swaro spotters in the 1600 to 2000 range all day. Give me a lightly used swaro over a new Razor any day!

>Proudly made in China. I'm a
>one and never again Vortex
>buyer. mtmuley

U have any kuiu? First lite? Sitka? Any cool kid camo is made in China but it's the
Coolest most awesome chit for any modern trendy western hunter!!! Made in China rulz and so does vortex!

>>Proudly made in China. I'm a
>>one and never again Vortex
>>buyer. mtmuley
>
>
>U have any kuiu? First lite?
>Sitka? Any cool kid camo
>is made in China but
>it's the
>Coolest most awesome chit for any
>modern trendy western hunter!!! Made
>in China rulz and so