Wuhan

Not in hunt application choices is what I mean.

Lots of choices being changed with life styles right now.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

No worries here. Plenty of meat in the freezer, ammo, diet coke and mtn dew.....lots of stuff recorded to watch on T.V....plus s couple cases of TP paper towels,and baby wipes
Bring on the zombies.
20161007_052304.jpg

No. If it really starts to mess with the economy then that may affect the business and that could require me to make financial adjustments. Empty shelves will require me to live more out of the cupboards and be more creative in my cooking.

I can see how it could impact the Colorado draw because of the timing. I have no idea if it can be conducted remotely.

Things are shutting down rapidly here.

They are shutting down the whole city here. They may shut down the building department next and that will make it so we can only work up to our next inspection and then we are all done.

you can't go into the coffee shops they will bring it to the door and most cafe's are closing down. Last week on Friday contractors go to breakfast at Sears. Usually it is packed so we went early. We were the only ones in there and after we left they shut down as the Drake across the street was empty from visitors. No business as usual here time to hunker down. Glad my freezer is full we are good to go.

Will the Wuhan virus change our choices this year?

It probably won't change my choices, but they've closed down the schools here and the students of parents who both work will have to find care givers for a month or so and the schools will have to make up some days before they close for the summer or before they start next fall. Scheduling hunting time and paying for them could be a problem.

Additionally, Utah's governor has "postponed" large state government meetings and has "discouraged" ANY mass gatherings. Plus, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints (Mormons) has shut down regular worship and youth meetings world-wide until further notice. Utahns are getting the hint and the only place you see crowds are at Walmarts!

Finally, we are experiencing the same situations with small businesses, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. that the rest of the states are having. Quite a few folks won't be working for a while.

There are going to be a lot of families that will have to put hunting further down on their list of priorities than it currently is.

Last edited:
Go to work. The disease may or may not get you. But if everybody quits going to work I guarantee you this place will go to hell in a hand basket and the disease will still do whatever it is going to do.

Tell that to the people whose place of employment was shut down "temporarily" by a mayor or governor. Glad I'm self employed, got 30 days in front of me, could get sketchy after that.

To DW's point, our governor just shut down all bars and restaurants to in person dining. The threat to close all "non-essential" businesses is on the table.

I suppose essential depends on whether its yours or not.

Go eat and drink at the local bar/ club/ restaurant
And catch and spread the "virus"?

Shitty deal for them service industry. But an easy choice for me. My wife has a compromised immune system so it makes it easy for me.

It's all bullshine. Go to work.

Do you know what's going to happen? Eventually people will have to be people again. We can't hide in our homes indefinitely. At some point little kids gotta get to school and people have to get to work. Might as well go now and not jeopardize everybody's financial well being.

1200 people die every day from malaria. Hundreds of thousands die from TB and hepatitis. Tens of thousands of Americans die every year of the flu. Over a million people die worldwide from alchohol related diseases. Welcome to reality folks. Time to put on our big boy pants, get to work, spit in the grim reaper's rotten eye socket, and toast our dead compadres Friday after we get paid.

I have sent in a deposit for an Alberta guided whitetail hunt. Of course I don't have any idea how this is going to turn out. But I do know if you lose a hunting season it's lost forever.

If the airlines are shut down I could drive to Alberta but will be about 35 hours.

If they will let me across the border my backup plan is to take food with me and camp along the way. Will only need to buy gas. Roads will be empty so I can relieve myself anywhere along the road.

Sounds like a plan doesn't it?

Do you know what's going to happen? Eventually people will have to be people again. We can't hide in our homes indefinitely. At some point little kids gotta get to school and people have to get to work. Might as well go now and not jeopardize everybody's financial well being.

1200 people die every day from malaria. Hundreds of thousands die from TB and hepatitis. Tens of thousands of Americans die every year of the flu. Over a million people die worldwide from alchohol related diseases. Welcome to reality folks. Time to put on our big boy pants, get to work, spit in the grim reaper's rotten eye socket, and toast our dead compadres Friday after we get paid.

Like most situations, you seem to be missing the gravity of this one.

Although I can appreciate what most of your post is trying to say, it's easier said than done.

All companies have to respond to this "crisis" in some form or another and all the responses are preventive measures. True, this is a fast movimg flu-type virus that carries a lot of the same complications for some.

The real issue is availabe services for a rapidly moving bug. However, the sky is not falling and society is not doomed. As far as go to work, I say exercise some common sense...

Go to work.

Who cares about a dam disease if you can't feed yourself? That's where we are headed. People can't sit and hide in their dwellings indefinitely. Do you know how long the average american can make it without their paycheck? You think you have seen some crazy 5hit already, wait until you see the millions of people you just made unemployed in about two weeks. Diseases can be scary. Broke, hungry, dumb, desperate people by the millions is a nightmare.

Go to work.

Tristate is only thinking of himself, because some of the first non-essential items that people don't need in a down economy is another dust collector on the wall...

Actually Buzz H I am thinking of everyone. I usually do pretty good in a down economy. My customers typically have plenty of money. What they do not have is plenty of time. When the economy gets slow suddenly they have tons of time on their hands.

However what can happen is you get a bunch of hungry broke people and suddenly they decide wildlife management isn't all that important but meat is and suddenly people are slaughtering mule deer doe and elk cows in May.

Actually Buzz H I am thinking of everyone. I usually do pretty good in a down economy. My customers typically have plenty of money. What they do not have is plenty of time. When the economy gets slow suddenly they have tons of time on their hands.

However what can happen is you get a bunch of hungry broke people and suddenly they decide wildlife management isn't all that important but meat is and suddenly people are slaughtering mule deer doe and elk cows in May.
Naw, we put our doe and cows in the freezer way back in season. With no fences holding then in, little risk of population decimation up here, terrain gives them plenty of hiding places that are inaccessible to man.

Go to work.

Who cares about a dam disease if you can't feed yourself? That's where we are headed. People can't sit and hide in their dwellings indefinitely. Do you know how long the average american can make it without their paycheck? You think you have seen some crazy 5hit already, wait until you see the millions of people you just made unemployed in about two weeks. Diseases can be scary. Broke, hungry, dumb, desperate people by the millions is a nightmare.

Go to work.

Kinda hard to "go to work" when your employer won't let you and digging a hole for free won't buy a loaf of bread any better than sitting at home on the couch.

Amazon needs 100,000 workers and costco and smiths need plenty if someone is out of work. Our country will be fine soon enough. I hope fear mongers turn in their tags. Point creep may come down:cool:

I have sent in a deposit for an Alberta guided whitetail hunt. Of course I don't have any idea how this is going to turn out. But I do know if you lose a hunting season it's lost forever.

If the airlines are shut down I could drive to Alberta but will be about 35 hours.

If they will let me across the border my backup plan is to take food with me and camp along the way. Will only need to buy gas. Roads will be empty so I can relieve myself anywhere along the road.

Sounds like a plan doesn't it?

Great plan.

You are missing the part where if this continues though, Canada has implemented a 14 day quarantine,

Do you would need to show up at least 15 days prior to your hunt.

I can say working In construction in aspen right now is a bit creepy. Normally I would say go to work as well, we will get over it. However I have a wife who is about to pop any day. and my wife’s grandma who’s Not the best of health living with us. So I really don’t want to drag this stuff home.

Not to mention your upcoming trip to the hospital. Congrats

It will be a very short trip to the hospital (if they’re even allowed to check in at all) if everyone heeds tristate’s advice.

I assure you all if this wasn’t a big deal President Trump wouldn’t have done the 180° about face he did in a couple day’s time. When was the last time you saw people change that man’s mind? This is a big deal, and it’s absolutely going to bury people financially. But there is only one way we are going to beat it, and it’s listening to the experts. Please don’t disregard the counsel (or mandate in some places) and pretend this isn’t a big deal. That is the exact attitude that put an entire civilized country on lockdown.

I don’t want a lockdown.

To the original question, I hope it doesn’t change any of my plans. It shouldn’t, but if we don’t get over this by fall it very well could for a lot of different reasons.

"It will be a very short trip to the hospital (if they’re even allowed to check in at all) if everyone heeds tristate’s advice."

Yes. control the lemmings with fear. That will make it all better.

"But there is only one way we are going to beat it, and it’s listening to the experts. "

What experts? I haven't seen an expert talk about this hardly at all. I've seen politicians and TV monkeys talk about it for weeks, AND THEY AREN'T EXPERTS. I'm watching people throw the constitution away and ruling like they are little chiefs. I'm watching people hoard stupid crap left and right. No kids are being educated. 2/3 of the workforce around here are suddenly unemployed. Yeah. It's a big deal alright. In a matter of a couple of weeks we have turned the most powerful country in the world into a cowering third world country VOLUNTARILY.

My wife couldn't buy a loaf of bread last night. The night before she couldn't buy chicken. I can't buy materials to run my company. If I can buy them getting them shipped in is getting questionable. It's like we have volunteered to become the soviet union circa 1985. You can't buy a tortilla in Texas right now. IN TEXAS!

It reminds me of when hurricane Rita came to Texas. I think it killed a couple of people but dozens died in the mass panic trying to get out of Houston by the mayor who told everyone to run or you are going to die.

Last edited:
I assure you all if this wasn’t a big deal President Trump wouldn’t have done the 180° about face he did in a couple day’s time. When was the last time you saw people change that man’s mind? This is a big deal, and it’s absolutely going to bury people financially. But there is only one way we are going to beat it, and it’s listening to the experts. Please don’t disregard the counsel (or mandate in some places) and pretend this isn’t a big deal. That is the exact attitude that put an entire civilized country on lockdown.
One of the beancounters in his hotel empire just told him he will lose his a$$ this year and that the hospitality industry probably won't recover for a long time.

Stay tuned for the squawking when he offers his bailout for the hotels.

"We can by tortillas in NM, so not sure why TX has issues. "

Probably higher population density. I can't even by regular dish soap here.

things can always get worse. sometimes better safe than sorry. I hope it's all overkill but I wouldn't minimize it either.

That is the funny thing a local store here in Utah Utah the shelves were all but empty except for most of the Mexican food products. I dont think the word got out to the Hespanics community about the corona virus.
The white population in Utah thinks if you brown some hamburger and mix in taco seasoning they are eating authentic Mexican food.

What experts? I haven't seen an expert talk about this hardly at all. I've seen politicians and TV monkeys talk about it for weeks, AND THEY AREN'T EXPERTS.

But you are? This makes me laugh. So you expect everyone to just listen to YOU?!?!?

Yeah, I’m going to take my infectious disease advice from a blow-hard Internet troll that does taxidermy. Yep, that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

I'm not giving you or anyone else infectious disease advice. Learn how to read. I'm telling you what broke unemployed do which is where we are headed.

"It will be a very short trip to the hospital (if they’re even allowed to check in at all) if everyone heeds tristate’s advice."

Yes. control the lemmings with fear. That will make it all better.

"But there is only one way we are going to beat it, and it’s listening to the experts. "

What experts? I haven't seen an expert talk about this hardly at all. I've seen politicians and TV monkeys talk about it for weeks, AND THEY AREN'T EXPERTS. I'm watching people throw the constitution away and ruling like they are little chiefs. I'm watching people hoard stupid crap left and right. No kids are being educated. 2/3 of the workforce around here are suddenly unemployed. Yeah. It's a big deal alright. In a matter of a couple of weeks we have turned the most powerful country in the world into a cowering third world country VOLUNTARILY.

My wife couldn't buy a loaf of bread last night. The night before she couldn't buy chicken. I can't buy materials to run my company. If I can buy them getting them shipped in is getting questionable. It's like we have volunteered to become the soviet union circa 1985. You can't buy a tortilla in Texas right now. IN TEXAS!

It reminds me of when hurricane Rita came to Texas. I think it killed a couple of people but dozens died in the mass panic trying to get out of Houston by the mayor who told everyone to run or you are going to die.

Well said, couldn't agree more!

Actually you did. You told people to essentially ignore what health professionals and government leaders are saying and “go to work.”

That is absolutely infectious disease advice when there is a worldwide pandemic of an infectious disease.

I think it’s wise counsel to ignore anything Tristate says, but ignoring this one is especially critical.

Actually I didn't.

Go to work. Quit sitting on your butt waiting to get sick and hoping for your gubmint handout.

Go to work.

Actually I didn't.

Go to work. Quit sitting on your butt waiting to get sick and hoping for your gubmint handout.

Go to work.

Ok, who's hiring besides Amazon?

And, you won't get sick sitting at home on your butt waiting for a gubmit handout, but you sure can going to work...

Last edited:
Well it happened here we are in lock down in SF seems kinda strange no one on the streets and homeless no where. I am at work today to check on my building systems, as I am considered essential.
It is real!!!!! Tristate is in denial like most where it does not affect their daily lives. So if it is not here it does not exist. Oh yeah and the world is flat...........
According to the math if they did not have us shelter in place the virus could have infected about 25% of the population in about a month.
So coming to a neighborhood by you any day just hope they don't come to your house.
just sayin hope all is well with all of you and keep your distance!!!LOL

You’re right, these aren’t you commenting on the disease and telling people to ignore what the professionals and experts are saying. You’re not only a liar, you’re a loser. Go away.

“It’s all bullsine. Go to work.”

“Time to put on our big boy pants, get to work, spit in the grim reaper's rotten eye socket, and toast our dead compadres Friday after we get paid.”

“Go to work.

Who cares about a dam (sic) disease if you can't feed yourself?”

“Diseases can be scary. Broke, hungry, dumb, desperate people by the millions is a nightmare.

Go to work.”

GO to work Vanilla. I know you want to sit on your butt and wait for a gubmint check, but that is only going to make the problems worse.

Quit praying to the almighty gubmint Lord to save you. He won't. Go to church and get some Jesus. Then get to work.

You sit around like a pansy worrying about who lives or dies. Go to work.

I know its real fellas. I know people have died and are going to die.

I KNOW SITTING ON YOUR BUTTS WILL MAKE IT WORSE.

All those elderly people you want to save? Start talking to them. Go ask them what they are scared of. I'll give you a tip. The one's I know ain't scared of dying from that dam disease.

One more thing. I am hearing today about people all around who can't get home now. Find a way to reach out to these people. These aren't bums. They are truly people who can't get home and are even finding few places to stay. Help these people. Get involved with your church and see what you can do.

This isn't just going to take us going to work. We have to go to work and then make helping others our second job.

Check on your neighbors if they need food or essentials.

You want America be great again. For a little while don't plan on working 60 hours this week. Be ready to work 80-100.

Well they closed the border to Canada so my Alberta whitetail hunt will be in the tank if it stays closed.

For you guys that hunt in your own State every year and backpack into the high country, have horses and go to the backcountry or even camp at trail heads. It seems like being on top of a mountain by yourself would be one of the safest places you could be.

WVhunter, is your hunt next week? Do you really think it will be closed in 7-8 months? If it is we have alot bigger issues than a missed hunt. My fall plans won't change. If anything I might draw more tags if enough people stay out of the draw. Hopefully about 5,000 stay out of the Nevada California sheep and I will draw that one. Or enough pull out of Wyoming elk. I will draw my Colorado elk.

I don't have any crystal ball but it certainly has the potential to still be here 7-8 months from now and I agree we will have a lot bigger issues than a hunt. My opinion is that it will slow down in the summer and come back in the fall. Why do I think it will slow down in the summer? I'm 68 and every year of my life the colds and flu slowed or went away in the summer . Of course there are isolated cases in the summer, everyone has a "summer cold" sometime in their life. Medical professionals don't really know why this happens.

Countries south of the equator are just now coming to the end of their summer and they have cases but they aren't having the pandemic that the northern hemisphere is having.

If this would continue unchecked it has the potential to kill more Americans than all the wars we have been in from the French and Indian War to the Gulf Wars. If 100 million people are infected and 2% die then that's 2 million deaths.

One more thing. I am hearing today about people all around who can't get home now. Find a way to reach out to these people. These aren't bums. They are truly people who can't get home and are even finding few places to stay. Help these people. Get involved with your church and see what you can do.

This isn't just going to take us going to work. We have to go to work and then make helping others our second job.

Check on your neighbors if they need food or essentials.

You want America be great again. For a little while don't plan on working 60 hours this week. Be ready to work 80-100.

Bingo!! This is exactly the way I feel as well.

[QUOTE="Tristate, post: 1829713, member: For a little while don't plan on working 60 hours this week. Be ready to work 80-100.
[/QUOTE]

You do realize that overworking yourself is in effect making you more susceptible ti sickness l, right?

Who the hell works 60 hours a week at their job on a regular basis anyway?

[QUOTE="Tristate, post: 1829713, member: For a little while don't plan on working 60 hours this week. Be ready to work 80-100.

You do realize that overworking yourself is in effect making you more susceptible ti sickness l, right?

Who the hell works 60 hours a week at their job on a regular basis anyway?
[/QUOTE]
Engineers

[/QUOTE]

Are the trains still running?
[/QUOTE]
I meant civil engineers, mechanical
engineers, chemical engineers, electrical etc. sorry for lack of clarity.

All I know is the high country towns In western Colorado are weird right now. Starting to really hope people don’t get more desperate.

Are the trains still running?
[/QUOTE]
I meant civil engineers, mechanical
engineers, chemical engineers, electrical etc. sorry for lack of clarity.
[/QUOTE]

Not this one...

Normal work week should never be 6 ten hour days or 5 twelve hour days. "Work ethic" is not what that means.

Been working 60+ hours my entire life. Most everyone I know works at least 50. I don't start feeling overworked until I start approaching 80.

"That's too bad, sorry to hear..."

Don't be sorry. Its a wonderful and blessed life. I've got no complaints.

"That's too bad, sorry to hear..."

Don't be sorry. Its a wonderful and blessed life. I've got no complaints.

You're either super duper busy and a one guy shop, don't trust your employees, a piss poor time manager, or love your job to death.

Hopefully the later.

You're either super duper busy and a one guy shop, don't trust your employees, a piss poor time manager, or love your job to death.

Hopefully the later.

I am super duper busy. Quality is always more important than slapping some crap together so I can go hang out. My 4 employees have their fires they fight all day. And I love my job.

Spoken like
Somebody who isn’t self employed road runner.
I assume you’re not?

Now that's funny right there. Guys who are self employed thinking others who are not don't understand what it takes to run a business.

When you work for yourself and chase your tail all the time, either you love it or should be doing something else because you don't do enough to hire extra help or you're a micromanager by nature and don't trust people. You own your own business, work your ass off, and can't pay yourself for it in some fashion or another makes me question if you should be in business at all.

Dconcrete, come talk to me when you have both a regular job for someone else and also involved in your own or a family owned business, and, we still don't work a 60 hour week. Or maybe when you spend 75 + hours a week as a field engineer and don't get a dime over 40 while making an average salary because we just don't understand what it's like to work long hours for naught...

Lots of laughs.

I don’t work a regular job for somebody else and I haven’t since I was 21.
I don’t look down on the guys who don’t own their own business. But I can assure you after reading your posts, no, you don’t know what it takes.
I own and operate 4 different businesses. I now employee 100 people. We have benefit packages, a full time office staff. So no, that won’t get done with 40 hours a week.
I don’t need to come
Talk to you because you’ve said enough to put the pieces together.
You’re the same guy that always comes up
To me when Ive
Got my bags and my hard hat on and then says.....I didn’t know you knew how to put those on still.
And I smile and walk away. Have a great day.

Whatever we work or don’t work. I bet this thing gets a lot worse in the near future. I hope I’m wrong but my family is my #1. Everyone else can make the best decisions:

I used to like to hand a new hardhat in the bag to visiting exec's to see if they could figure out how to install the suspension. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom