WY '21

accubond

We had an incredible trip to WY this year for antelope. We even snuck some fishing in. I will come back to WY as long they let me come, very grateful for the trips I've got to make there over the years!

My Goat (2).jpg

Dustin's Goat.jpg

Joe's Goat.jpg

Mike's Goat.jpg

Jason's Goat.jpg

Schruppy's Goat.jpeg

Dylan's Res. Fish.jpg

Mave's Res. Fish.jpg

Dylan's Brown.jpg

Mave's Rainbow.jpg

Can't beat that!! That top buck is a great one!!
He is better than I thought he was by a mile. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but the thought of passing on him and looking for better crossed my mind. I preached to the rest of my group to not shoot the first day unless it was a no-brainer and here I was with this guy in the spotter a few hours into our first day. Only my 2nd time hunting antelope so although I read everything I could find on their habits and how to score them, nothing replaces actually hunting them. That inexperience almost cost me what is most likely a once in a lifetime goat for me. PSA: goats with a lot of mass look shorter than they really are.

My Score Sheet.jpg

That is a great scoring goat and his top end mass really stands out. Mass is definitely king with pronghorns. They are so hard to judge - I think a lot of guys (myself included for sure) have overlooked bucks that should be shot simply because they were short or didn't have the "look"

You obviously made the right choice shooting that one!! (y) Congrats!!

Nice buck all around and yours has a great looking cape as well.

Did you haul the boat our here or rent one?
Nice brown and rainbows too.

Nice buck all around and yours has a great looking cape as well.

Did you haul the boat our here or rent one?
Nice brown and rainbows too.
Thank you! The 2 guys with the fish pics came with just ro fish and they hired a guide one day on the Boysen Reservoir and another day they hired a guide to float them down the Bighorn. We caught a bunch of fish on our own in and around Thermopolis. Just an epic trip!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom