WY 62 Elk Topo map(s)??

Kwelp45

I was lucky enough to draw a Wyoming unit 62 elk tag and am researching the unit from afar at this point. Google Earth is amazing but I would like to get a hardcopy map of the unit to have on me in the field and/or at camp. I ordered the US forest service map of the area but it has been recommended that I get a "custom" map of the unit made. It is my first time doing that and there are a ton of options. My questions are... 1. Is it worth it? 2. What information do you find valuable on a map? 3. What is not really necessary? 4. How big of map do you recommend? 5. Do you split the unit up or get one map of the unit. Like with most things these days too many dang choices and I tend to over think things.

Look at this.

Good deal. I like how they break down the elk areas . I have never been a map guy but when I found those at the meetetsee gas station I bought one and use it all the time. Its waterproof to

I always grab a map of the zone off mytopo they are waterproof and work even after my phone dies and onX is no longer available. Enjoy your hunt

Thanks for the information. I ordered a couple different maps of the unit. Should be all set. A little over three months away. I am really looking forward to this hunt.

DIY Maps are awesome. I wish the were available for all states not just CO, WY and MT.

Hawkeye

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom