WY 63 Goat

tracker12

Very Active Member
Well the old Pre 64 Mdl 70 Featherweight and vintage Weatherby 3x9 scope did not disappoint. At 345 that’s my longest shot with that gun. Buck had 22 doe with him and no other bucks around. Have to figure he was a bad a$$.

132225C8-2DB8-4141-9E5A-CB2596ECF0D8.jpeg

Great combination. Really no cartridge better suited for antelope than the 243 Win., in my opinion.
I agree- .243 top of the line for antelope. 85 grain Sierra Game King. Deadly & accurate- Ruger M 77 era 1974, killed so many antelope & deer since then. I even put a Muzzle Break on the new 24” inch barrel to see the bullet hit the target ?. Great combo !
Jerry Gold- Windsor, Colorado ??

Great buck- looks more like a red desert buck than a Ferris/Seminoe one. Love 243- shot my very first deer with one.

Very nice! Congrats!
I saw a guy shoot one at 600 yards with a 100 grain 243. Amazing what the little pill can do.

I was shooting a handload with 95 grain Berger VLD Hunters. I had this box on the shelf for several years and just got around to trying them. They were flat out accurate just didn't know how they would perform. Slight QTR to me. I drove the bullet thru the front shoulder and it passed right thru. Lope reared up like a nurse and fell over kicking.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom