WY Antelope Outfitter recommendations needed

matchbook454

I’m looking for outfitter recommendations for a 2021 rifle hunt. Only have 2 PP’s. I’ve never hunted out west and will be going alone which is why I want to hunt with an outfitter and not do a diy hunt.

I hunt alone out there all the time. Motel works just fine. Haven't owned a set of tire chains since we quit logging 30 years ago. Lots of places to park next to those little back country hwys if you go late and it snows or rains hard.
I think sns may have some areas you can draw but I haven't used them.

With 2 points your only realistic hope for a good goat would be an outfitter with good private land in an easy draw unit. personally I'd be looking at a hunt in NM with a landowner tag .

If you don't care about quality you don't need an outfitter to take a goat. anyone can kill one the hard part is judging them.

I am looking into NM as well as some of the reservations. I’d be happy with a 13” buck but my goal is 14” plus. I’d be nice to find a reasonable hunt in NM, CO, or MT so that I can continue to accumulate points in WY.

If your expectations are that low you're going to be a happy pronghorn hunter.

A lot of outfitters in NM get landowner tags and a lot of them produce 15 " goats at a reasonable price. MT is an easy draw but quality is not great. CO isn't known for booners but you would have a good hunt. NV has landowner tags that are worth looking at.

If you're looking for 70" goats you don't need an outfitter all you need is a tag. the difference in difficulty between a 70" pronghorn and an 80 + one is HUGE . and that's reflected in the price of landowner tags. most of these hunts are early in the year in open easy to travel country. almost anyone can kill and average goat don't let it intimidate you. but if you want an outfitter anyway you have tons of options.

Please give your business to anyone but SNS. Tyler Sims is a good guy for an outfitter.
I would talk with some biologists and ask about ranch hunts, landowners do not need an outfitters licenses to outfit their property.

pronghorn guide service for either wyo or new mexico. i had a stellar tag in wy and killed a 78' goat. went w/ pgs and killed an 87 in new mexico on the first morning.

Cole Creek Outfitters in Casper, WY. Private land,great camp and services.Many return clients, give a look here ...
Bruce & SilverGrand

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom