WY Antelope units 23 & 24

MITROLL

Looking for info on private land hunts in either of these units to hunt doe antelope. Would be willing to pay trespass fee. Anywhere to get a list of landowners that allow antelope hunting. Any idea what the herd strength is in these areas. Thanks in advance.

Contact fish and game and ask for a list. Some ranchers don't charge a fee, others do. I personally wouldn't pay a fee but I also live here.

>Contact fish and game and ask
>for a list. Some ranchers
>don't charge a fee, others
>do. I personally wouldn't pay
>a fee but I also
>live here.

G&F no longer keeps landowner lists. You might try the C of C Office in the bigger towns to see if they can help with any contacts. There are plenty of antelope in units 23 and 24.

If you know who to call you can still get the lists. Do some poking around and go from there. Most countys have a online road map that will also show landowners names

>If you know who to call
>you can still get the
>lists. Do some poking around
>and go from there. Most
>countys have a online road
>map that will also show
>landowners names

Please tell us who those people are with a current list and also show us one online county map that has landowner names as well! Thank you!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-16 AT 07:29PM (MST)[p]these are 2 that I just looked up, every county that I have researched has something similar.

http://gis.carbonwy.com/

http://maps.hscounty.com/mapserver/mobile/

and as far as the landowner maps, just like I said if you know the warden or biologist they will get you info or a bunch of contacts to start with.

I have hunted Wyoming since 1989, a little research as well as being on speaking terms with a bunch of Bio's and wardens make it a little easier to research. but mostly it is networking with hunters and sharing info.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-16 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]>these are 2 that I just
>looked up, every county that
>I have researched has something
>similar.
>
>http://gis.carbonwy.com/ >
>
>http://maps.hscounty.com/mapserver/mobile/
>
>and as far as the landowner
>maps, just like I said
>if you know the warden
>or biologist they will get
>you info or a bunch
>of contacts to start with.
>
>I have hunted Wyoming since 1989,
>a little research as well
>as being on speaking terms
>with a bunch of Bio's
>and wardens make it a
>little easier to research. but
>mostly it is networking with
>hunters and sharing info.
>THANK YOU!!!!!!

Those two links don't seem to have anything like you mentioned, as I don't don't see any names of landowners like we're discussing. The maps I've been able to access on the net are much better as far as showing public roads, etc. I also have a couple CD ROM programs, one of which is just for Wyoming and the other is for the entire North American continent. Both show all the public and private property, but not private property owner names. Those are available if you buy a GPS chip or download for a GPS or IPhone from a company like OnXMaps, but those sure aren't cheap. I'm just trying to figure out how you feel those two links are helpful for what we are discussing. Experience certainly does help out there since I also started hunting out there in 92 and every year since 99, so I do have plenty of contacts like you mentioned, as well as several resident friends spread out throughout the state to help on things as needed.

The county GIS maps do have landowner names. I've used at least three different county websites to research land ownership in Wyoming. Topgun, try clicking on the "i" and then click the parcel on the map to see who the landowner is.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-16 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]>The county GIS maps do have
>landowner names. I've used at
>least three different county websites
>to research land ownership in
>Wyoming. Topgun, try clicking on
>the "i" and then click
>the parcel on the map
>to see who the landowner
>is.

Thanks for the tip Bob! I'll try that and see what happens, as I couldn't figure out when I brought those two sites up how they would be of help. Thanks again, as well as to Treedagain for the info!

EDIT: That worked really neat with great information doing what you mentioned. I'm not too computer sharp on a lot of stuff unless someone leads the way, LOL! Thanks again to both of you, as that really does give me a whole different way of finding stuff!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom