WY area suggestions

catalyst81

My 12 year old daughter and I struck out in the UT draw. A friend suggested we try to draw for area K in WY since its pretty close (as non res). Wondering if there are any other areas worth checking out. This will be only my second season hunting. I'm not really picky. I would just like a decent chance of taking some meat home. I'm an avid backpacker so I don't mind hiking in a bit if it gives me better options. Any suggestions on areas to check out is appreciated.

K might be close, but from what I know, the public lands there get hunted hard. For just a fun meat hunt, you might look at Region A. Good deer numbers and easy public access. But the drawback is it's diagonal across Wyoming from you.

Also watch for leftover cow elk licenses in the leftover draw. If you want meat, that's often a good, fun hunt with less pressure and there are often good walk-in or hunter management areas where you can get access.

Best of luck.

I don't think it takes 4 points to draw, I think the regulations state that bucks must have at least 4 points on one side to be legal. --SS
FYI when it comes to youth the state usually has the youth tags as "Any Deer" meaning the point restriction do not apply to the youth.

I think youth can shoot any deer out there. And off subject but the 4 point rule is about as dumb of thing as I can think of. but K has gone way downhill the last couple of years. I live right here and I've never seen it this bad well last year was anyways.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom