WY Deer 119

Congratulations Salmon! I don’t know anything about the Unit but wish you the very best! I have certainly appreciated your willingness to help me and am sure that there will be some that will have knowledge and willing to share it.

Finally drew this tag as a NR. Asking for any info/help with this hunt. I am 69 yrs old and hoping for a decent 4 pt 150-160 class. Last time in WY and hoping for a decent hunt. Thanks to anyone willing to help.
Is
A permission slip for the Absaroka Front HMA will take you a long ways. You’ll see a lot of deer right off the Grass Creek Road. And there’s good jumping off points from there. It’s not rough country, big sagebrush and juniper draws that will hold deer. It’s about the easiest hunt around,
Salmon, Maybe you should put Frick and Frack on the attack for that hunt. They seem to do ok.

Headed to area 119 right now. Looks like cool but no real weather for the first part of the season. We’re hoping the bucks are starting to think about chasing the does

Just a quick update. Scouted 3 days before season and shot a buck 22" 4x4 on second day. Stayed and looked around another few days and only saw one buck that may have been better. The last few days we looked around saw that bucks were getting into the rut more. May have been a different story if we had hunted longer??

Just a quick update. Scouted 3 days before season and shot a buck 22" 4x4 on second day. Stayed and looked around another few days and only saw one buck that may have been better. The last few days we looked around saw that bucks were getting into the rut more. May have been a different story if we had hunted longer??
Salmon sent you a pm if you don’t mind sharing a little.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom