Wy. deer units 78 and 81

sourkraut

Hello, were a couple young ,old guys wanting to cash in our points before we become much older (79 and 80).
We have been wanting to hunt a limited draw unit and 78 and 81 looks to be a possible choice. We are DIY types, not looking for guided, backpack or horseback trips. Does a private ranch trespass fee opportunity exist in either unit? Hoping to make our last Wyoming hunt a memorable one while were still able to get up and go. Opinions? Any and all information would certainly be appreciated. Thank you.
Sourkraut

I did one trespass fee hunt for antelope. Shot an average buck but property was slightly over hunted. This was years ago when Wyoming posted trespass fee landowners and I called more than a few dozen landowners. Not saying it can’t work out for you but some landowners want to maximize their income so ask the proper questions.

You won’t need trespass fees in 78 or 81. Both are great units for DIY as they are primarily public land. 78 is taking a big hit on tag numbers this year while 81 is actually going up so I’d suggest you put in for 81.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom