WY group app draw question

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
I am almost positive this is accurate, but want to double check.

if you apply as a group and there is only 1 available tag, the whole group gets tags, correct? They don’t skip your app and move to a single app.

so, in essence if they could/would give out more tags than allotted in this case.

do I have this right?

thinking about applying as a group for a hunt with very few allotted tags.

thanks,

RookieWYhntr

This doesn't sound right. So a unit with only a single tag quota could give up to 6 tags? I can't imagine this being applied to say moose and sheep. No freaking way this is accurate.

BuzzH

Long Time Member
This doesn't sound right. So a unit with only a single tag quota could give up to 6 tags? I can't imagine this being applied to say moose and sheep. No freaking way this is accurate.
No party apps for moose, sheep, goat, bison...only deer, elk, pronghorn, and yes a party app drawn on a single available tag could be over-issued by 5.

One of the good things about proper management, a few tags here and there arent going to damage the resource.

BuzzH

Long Time Member
Last year they issue 5 extra deer tags in G that I would assume is because someone in a group of 6 was drawn with just 1 tag of the quota remaining.
They could issue up to 20 total over quota...5 each for all 4 draws....reg/points reg/random special/points and special/random draws...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Big Game Hunting

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

French Creek Outfitters

Quality mule deer, antelope and whitetail hunts on a 100k acre ranch.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Twisted Horn Outfitters

Offering public land mule deer, antelope and sheep hunts in multiple units and regions.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Top Bottom