WY group app draw question

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
I am almost positive this is accurate, but want to double check.

if you apply as a group and there is only 1 available tag, the whole group gets tags, correct? They don’t skip your app and move to a single app.

so, in essence if they could/would give out more tags than allotted in this case.

do I have this right?

thinking about applying as a group for a hunt with very few allotted tags.

thanks,

This doesn't sound right. So a unit with only a single tag quota could give up to 6 tags? I can't imagine this being applied to say moose and sheep. No freaking way this is accurate.

This doesn't sound right. So a unit with only a single tag quota could give up to 6 tags? I can't imagine this being applied to say moose and sheep. No freaking way this is accurate.
No party apps for moose, sheep, goat, bison...only deer, elk, pronghorn, and yes a party app drawn on a single available tag could be over-issued by 5.

One of the good things about proper management, a few tags here and there arent going to damage the resource.

Last year they issue 5 extra deer tags in G that I would assume is because someone in a group of 6 was drawn with just 1 tag of the quota remaining.
They could issue up to 20 total over quota...5 each for all 4 draws....reg/points reg/random special/points and special/random draws...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom