Wy Moose unit 22 & 26

bowedark

Wy Moose unit 22 & 26

3 of us are going to try to them burn our Moose points this year. 2 were thinking there going to draw unit 22 this year. One has 10 points the other has 12 as nonresidents I think 12 has a chance in unit 22 we are going try to go together I have 12 points nonresident and apply for your 26. You think I got a chance? Information on the quality of Moose and would we need to bring the mules in.

RE: Wy Moose unit 22 & 26

You have no chance of drawing a tag this year. The deadline was End of Feb to apply.

Good luck, When you said you were thinking about and trying to draw had me wonder. Know a little about 26. Good luck.

Well.... I did apply in unit 26 so I'll go find the moose and tell you where to check next year.

I'll be begging for any info from you guys-in-the-know if I really draw this time.

Good luck to us all!

Zeke

Zeke how many points you have?? Been to your office with Grace, so I'm sure you will know to pick his brothers brain about the unit (26) that he lived in for years!!!

Waiting to hunt it myself.I point jump two years ago was tuff. Hopefully with 13 points next year willgive me a good shot!!!

Thanks for the shout-out!

I've already talked with Mark and will do again if I actually draw. He certainly knows that area well and he's had some super hunts.

LBH also drew that tag and I've hunted it with a friend (back in the late 70's) and with my brother again in 1996. I still like to hear the opinions of others and any real tip is of great value!

I've got 13 going into the draw, should work.

Thanks, Zeke

You should be hunting moose this year with 13 points. Sounds like you already have great knowledge of the unit. Mark and Bob should also be of some good knowledge. They are both great guys!!!

Good luck in the draw and sounds like I will have to stop by the office and pick your brain after this year on unit 26. I'm hoping next year I will be hunting moose.

Hey Zeke,
I had a unit 26 moose tag in 2011. If you draw, shoot me a PM with your number and I'll tell you everything I learned about moose hunting in 26.

Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Zeke----

Don't ask me why but no one hunts moose in my bow elk area of the overlap 26 moose.

'Llamapacker', even 'BB' hunted elswhere....

You draw with 13 pts....'iffy' I realize that....BUT--

I will share with pix and intel for sure....

Robb

I had unit 26 moose for the 2011 season. Need any info Ill be happy to help with what I learned during my hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-13 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]I know, I know... why don't we all post our unit choices and point totals for the whole world to see, so we can play musical units while the application modification period is still open lol.

Well played my friend. Reverse psychology or reverse reverse psychology? PS I know 3 NR pals that are burning 14 points here, no chicken counting allowed.

Hey Zeke,

I also had a 26 Moose tag in 2011 and I hunted with my cousin who had a moose tag in 26 in 2010. Sounds like you already have lots of offers from other guys that know the unit extremely well, but I would be happy to share any info that I have that might be of any use to you if desired....

Hope you draw the tag!

Horniac

Thanks all!!!!!!
****"IF"*** I draw I'll send up a flare and see what the new intel will hold.

Good luck to all in the draws!

Bill_in_mi,
Reverse what? LOL
You're smarter than this old country boy. I suspect no one will clamor for a unit simply because I applied there. I suppose anyone can "modify" their apps but the odds have been open to the public for months and we all know that anyone can jump in and out of units from year to year. Good luck to your buds!

Zeke

Seriously, just messing with you. Good luck in the draw! Hope to be close by with xx points myself lol

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-13 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]bowedark,
Good luck getting your tag...it's just a matter of time for you now!
Look up a guy named littlebighorn (My friend). He shot a GREAT bull in the unit but it's been years ago now. I hunted there a couple other times, but again, years ago. That's my problem in the unit, I don't have any good current info.
I hope to draw and will be glad to pass on to you any permissible info when you get your tag! I won't step on toes.
These tags are too rare for us not to help each other!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-13 AT 06:08AM (MST)[p]Unfortunately, the draw results indicate you are going to need some luck to draw 26 with 12 NR points. I looked back to to 2009, and no NRs your point pool have drawn a preference moose tag in 26 over that timeframe.

I'm one point ahead of you with 13...and every year, there have been NR's in my point pool (including me) fail to draw that tag.

That said, I did not apply for 26 this year. Risking my points in a different unit. Who knows what others will do...apply elsewhere?....not apply at all?

So, while it is not probable to draw that tag with 12 points, the demand can vary....and there is always a possibility. Good luck in the draw!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom