WY outfitter recommendation??

plentycoupe

Hey all,
I’ve never done a hunt with an outfitter yet think I want to next year. Having not looked into this type of hunt I’m just starting with a google search.
Im sitting on 10 points and would like to be hunting in an area that holds 185 plus deer. As long as it’s possible to see some of that caliber or better I think it would be worth it. I totally understand its hunting so nothing is guaranteed but want to be in an area that holds that quality of deer.
would prefer to be a horseback hunt as I have never done that either.
Have any of you hunted with an outfitter that fits the requirements and you would recommed?
Do you have any other suggestions on how to narrow down a search like this?
I appreciate any responses!!

Ok. I was looking at the Crooked Sky outfitters. Not sure if they are a member.
why is it better to find a non member? I don’t know anything about the WYOGA so am basically asking out if ignorance.

Ok. I was looking at the Crooked Sky outfitters. Not sure if they are a member.
why is it better to find a non member? I don’t know anything about the WYOGA so am basically asking out if ignorance.

It’s because WYOGA members are shape shifting reptilians taking the form of a human being specifically with the intent of taking over Wyoming hunting so we can’t shoot two points on our own.

Region G South of Jackson has a reputation for producing some of the best deer in Wyoming. With 10 points you have enough PP to draw it. It's National Forest and most outfitters camp at the road and horseback in and out every day. There are several outfitters that hunt the area and I don't really have a recommendation.

Jim Freeburn is a good outfitter. He hunts private ranches in the Eastern part of the state. Doesn't take a lot of points to draw his ranches but has a lot of return hunters and is usually booked a couple of years ahead.

Outwest Safari's near Rawlins might be a good choice. They hunt a couple different areas about an hour apart. One of them is an easy draw and one of them takes a few points.

Thanks for the confidence in our hunts. We used to take about 25 mule deer hunters on 140,000 acres on about 8 ranches. We have quit deer hunting on some of the ranches. We now take about 10 deer hunters, and as has been stated, nearly all of our clients are returning friends.

We try to maintain a high standard of quality, and it has been tough. Deer numbers are down and CWD has taken a toll on the older age class bucks. Game and Fish has a doe season where I live, and there are 350 doe licenses for a 3 month season. That's insane given the current population levels. No mule deer doe hunting should be allowed at present in Wyoming. G&F is also going to change the season dates and try to kill all older age class bucks. In short, the system is set up so the future of mule deer looks bleak.

I have dedicated a fair amount of my life, resources and time to the well-being of mule deer. I hope others do the same. Support organizations or do something on your own that helps mule deer. They need any help we can provide for them. And hunt now because things are not getting any better.

Thanks for the confidence in our hunts. We used to take about 25 mule deer hunters on 140,000 acres on about 8 ranches. We have quit deer hunting on some of the ranches. We now take about 10 deer hunters, and as has been stated, nearly all of our clients are returning friends.

We try to maintain a high standard of quality, and it has been tough. Deer numbers are down and CWD has taken a toll on the older age class bucks. Game and Fish has a doe season where I live, and there are 350 doe licenses for a 3 month season. That's insane given the current population levels. No mule deer doe hunting should be allowed at present in Wyoming. G&F is also going to change the season dates and try to kill all older age class bucks. In short, the system is set up so the future of mule deer looks bleak.

I have dedicated a fair amount of my life, resources and time to the well-being of mule deer. I hope others do the same. Support organizations or do something on your own that helps mule deer. They need any help we can provide for them. And hunt now because things are not getting any better.
Wondering of you were at the landowners meeting in Sybille ? We could not make it or the area meeting to the south.
We work a ranch south of 34 and numbers are ok and we do get older aged bucks every year but only take 2-3 deer per 8,500 acres.
Hate hearing the CWD working group proposals to decimate older age class bucks in order to lower prevalence rates . How did your fellow landowners over in 7/64 react to that talk?

Triple Creek Hunts (ICMDEER) is a great outfit, I would recommend them anytime. It's not a horseback hunt, but they are great to hunt with.
If you want a horseback hunt, I think you need to look at the western part of the state.

hwy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom