WY Region A deer hunt info

Howellandson

Hey guys, I’m planning to hunt region A for deer this year with my dad and son. I hunted in Hulett with an outfitter twice, a few years back. I’m interested in any info on public land access. Also any tips on trespass fee opportunities. Don’t have much to trade, except for some info on a good Mule deer spot in NE MT, if anyone is interested.
Thanks!! Jim.

You lookin to get into Whitetails or Muleys ???? I’m no expert in anything but I have hunted it since 93. Damn near went to work for the outfitter that got shut down out there years ago , glad I didn’t ! We’ve taken a few good Whitetails and some Muleys over the years but nothing big big. If you’ve hunted it you know it’s heavily monkey stomped lol !

We will take either, but would prefer Mule Deer. I hunted with H Crown Outfitters, Ken Hutton. But it was on private land he leased. Wondering if there are any mule deer in the Bear Lodge? Can’t decide if we should focus on the top of region A or head further south and East closer to the SD border and hunt the Black hills NF. Where do you think the most mule deer are?
Thanks for the reply!!

Not on the forest for the most part. Southern would have more public opportunity. At least for mule deer.
Bear lodge is good for whitetails.

As treedagain stated most of the Bear lodge is good for Whitetails , the better ones we’ve taken came from the northern chunk. Muleys , clear to the north of the region or like you mentioned clear to the south in more of the breaks type country. Use your maps , I’ve killed some good ones right around the edges as they come back into the forest land to bed after feeding in the private hay ground. It’s gonna involve some hiking to get there but sure can be worth it. I don’t get serious about it until the last week of season , usually the rut is starting. The Whitetails will start rutting earlier it seems , and pray for cold and snow !

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom