Wy ticks

I'm not in Wyoming but you are not alone. Heavily traveled trails along creek bottoms or in tall brush or willows seem to be the worst spots. Ten minutes in one gulch around here and you'll have 50 ticks on you. Other areas you can hike for hours and not get one.

is everyone getting ticks or is it just me or the spot I was hiking? I pulled 41 ticks off me throughout opening day and my skin is still crawling!
I didn’t have any ticks on me in Wyoming surprisingly maybe cause is was rainy and cold but in Utah on warm day I’ll be flicking one off me every 30 seconds when I sit down

My uncle found one tick on himself. I didn't find any on myself or my kids in WY. Maybe you found the Honey Hole for ticks?

Are ticks only a spring nuisance in WY? I have never encountered a tick out there in the fall.

Ya they are usually all dead by a certain time. I would say from about August on i don't see ticks. If fall was like spring I would slit my wrists!

Headin to tick country for three days. I’ll let ya’ll know how many I pick out of my ears, belly button, crotch and butt regions. I always carry a pair of teeezers for such occasions.

Carry a mirror if your buddy ain’t willing to check the corn hole for you LOL!

We hunted hard for turkey all season here in WY. Every weekend with 4-8 miles logged daily. Neither my son nor I found 1 tick.

Might have got lucky? not sure but it is way less than we usually found in Colorado Turkey.

Well, hiked in tick country for three days!

drove home, stopped at the Mexican restaurant to eat some grub on way home.

while eating my chimichanga, I noticed a bug crawling on my plate!

turned out to be a tick!

after that, I started itching all over and felt like they were EVERYWHERE!

hard to enjoy my meal after that.

went home to do some intimate inspections and found ZERO ticks on me!

my buddy also found ZERO ticks on him!

lucked out this year! AND found some cool sheds!

I had one burrowed in my back a couple days ago. The wife noticed it and pulled it out. I wish it was from shed hunting but it was from cutting firewood.

What exactly are you guys doing to get covered with ticks? I work a couple of days a week in thick stuff and I hardly ever find anything but ants and spiders. No spray yet either.

I suppose it helps to be fat. I haven't seen my d!@k in years.

Bro and I hunted Montana every Spring for years and the ticks were always lousy!

We did lots of "tick patrol" on each other. Not pleasant but necessary part of the trip. (don't get any crazy ideas)

We've killed hundreds! Our favorite method is a tin can in the fire and drop the little buggers in and let them pop.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom