Wyo. Antelope draw, around CASPER

B

BugleminToday

Does anyone put in for antelope rifle in any of these surrounding units of Casper, Wy. ? I was thinking of trying to talk my dad into it and if there was a productive unit around Casper then we would be staying at a relatives home and be able to hunt loopers !!!!

Any information or past experiences are welcome !

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

hey Justin-

I've heard good things about the Casper area for both deer and antelope. There's a fair amount of public land (if I remember right). I'd suggest getting a BLM map of the area ($7.00 I think) and it will show you areas you can hunt. Also, call the G&F...they are extremely helpful and will point you in the right direction! Call the Capser office if they have one, I think they do but don't quote me!

Good luck...

Scott G.

I've hunted antelope areas 25 and 26 for the past five years. So far I haven't been able to draw in an area of my choice, so I've taken the left over tags in these areas. I've had no problems finding animals, they're just not trophy animals and you do have to get out of the truck to find them. The best thing we've found is to purchase a BLM map of the area and jump from public land to the next until you locate the animals. It's allot of fun and there's no problem getting a tag. I shot a nice mule deer buck on the North East side of deer area 158 last year as well. You just have to remember this is a CWD area and take the required legal steps.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom