Wyo Draw

Haha that a sign We will draw all 11 tags we are in for , thanks for the encouragement lol I’ll be ready for some sheep scouting, as long as you have the right amount of points this time?

No joke. still a mystery( I have a theory though. I will text ya about it). come july I will have 20 moose points. only need 10 more to draw a tag.

What the hell.....6 days till draw and already the final countdown song...?.... you give up that easy and start shootin' small 3 pts with 6 days left of season...? Where's the patience, bro... ? I'm a middle aged old fart..is it ok for me to say bro...?

What the hell.....6 days till draw and already the final countdown song...?.... you give up that easy and start shootin' small 3 pts with 6 days left of season...? Where's the patience, bro... ? I'm a middle aged old fart..is it ok for me to say bro...?
You gotta it Brah!! It’s is the final countdown when the actual countdown starts 359 days ago ?

Last edited:
This is my first time putting in for lopes. My Dad and I had 2 points and put in for a pretty sure draw. I also put in for the 2 reduced price doe/fawn tags IF I get drawn for the full priced buck tag. From my understanding, I could then potentially also buy a leftover doe/fawn tag? Maybe 4 tags a piece?

Drawings have been a bust so far this year, this is my last “good” chance to draw a tag this year.?
I hear ya Oilcan, I’m in the same boat. Haven’t drawn squat so far. Out of desperation I burned my 12 points on what should be a guaranteed deer tag. Hope it pays off and I can find a good deer to put a tag on. At least I’ll be hunting this year though.

Maybe a good choice since ya can't whitetail hunt. At least you proved you cant
And you can’t sheep hunt, little secret first step is knowing how many points ya got ? You gotta keep the little people out of your head (sheep eaters)

Last year I used the odds reports to see I didn't draw with my points because the website crashed.

It's also annoying I have to wait an extra hour in Texas. :)

Nothing for me not even second choice antelope. Pretty sad when a resident can't even draw antelope. It's been 9 years for a LQ elk, 8 for deer and 7 for 1st choice antelope. It's time for 90/10 split across the board on all species.
I’m sorry but I’ve seen the draw odds, if you’re a Wyoming resident who isn’t hunting antelope every year don’t complain please, it’s only by your own choice, there are plenty of units that have leftover tags in the resident quota

Oh look another NR who knows everything about Wyoming. Want to see my draw odds for second choice? Don't make yourself look foolish. Have you stepped foot in those areas you "seen" the draw odds in? Want to bet the odds you are looking at are mostly private, or at best have access issues.

Last edited:
Last few years have seen a massive increase in antelope interest in Wyoming. Tags that had hundreds of leftovers a couple years ago are now sold out in the first draw....

Nothing for me not even second choice antelope. Pretty sad when a resident can't even draw antelope. It's been 9 years for a LQ elk, 8 for deer and 7 for 1st choice antelope. It's time for 90/10 split across the board on all species.
Even if you only want cow elk or doe antelope tag, these days you better put in during the first draw. Its amazing the demand there is for ANY western tag.

Oh look another NR who knows everything about Wyoming. Want to see my draw odds for second choice? Don't make yourself look foolish. Have you stepped foot in those areas you "seen" the draw odds in? Want to bet the odds you are looking at are mostly private, or at best have access issues.
I drew one of those areas, hunted in 2018 and it was so good I’m going back this year. Is access a little restricted, absolutely, is Wyoming still a state you can’t throw a rock without hitting antelope, that too. If you’re a resident of Wyoming and not hunting on a 2nd or 3rd choice antelope tag every year, then it is absolutely only by choice. If you want to complain about antelope drawing odds move to Idaho, where our best chance at drawing a rifle antelope tag is about 6% and they only go down from there

I drew one of those areas, hunted in 2018 and it was so good I’m going back this year. Is access a little restricted, absolutely, is Wyoming still a state you can’t throw a rock without hitting antelope, that too. If you’re a resident of Wyoming and not hunting on a 2nd or 3rd choice antelope tag every year, then it is absolutely only by choice. If you want to complain about antelope drawing odds move to Idaho, where our best chance at drawing a rifle antelope tag is about 6% and they only go down from there

I'd rather hunt a first choice pronghorn area...I live here for a reason. I don't give a chit what its like in Idaho, don't live there.

I'd rather hunt a first choice pronghorn area...I live here for a reason. I don't give a chit what its like in Idaho, don't live there.
Oh absolutely, I agree, but if you don’t draw that 1st choice, at least there are plenty of options to be able to get out and hunt which is really all any of us are after, am I right? The unfortunate fact for both your state and mine is that every year we get an influx of hunters moving from other states only worsening our draw odds. At least we still have general opportunities. But crying about not drawing an antelope tag as a Wyoming resident is a little silly to me, because the opportunity is there

Last year my second choice was in the 90s% and 3rd choice was 100%. I must not of studied very hard.
Damn, that’s kinda like what happened to me, I drew the unit I’ll be returning to in 2018 as a 2nd choice(100% odds), last year 2nd choice odds were down to ~5% so I didn’t get to hunt. This year I just went ahead and did it as a 1st choice

Me and one of my sons drew antelope with 7 points. Struck out on 5 deer applications. One with max, 3 with one under max and me random.

Point creep is huge again this year.

Good luck to all that drew.

Son and I both drew our buck antelope tags but 0 for 4 for doe tags.
I applied in a near by unit for doe as it had much better odds last year than the unit we drew for our buck tags. Well not so much this
year as it completely turned around this year and would have had much better odds if we would have just applied for doe in the unit with our buck tags. One of these years I will figure out how to apply.

Me and one of my sons drew antelope with 7 points. Struck out on 5 deer applications. One with max, 3 with one under max and me random.

Point creep is huge again this year.

Good luck to all that drew.
Agreed, point creep was particularly bad in some units. The point totals are one thing. Look at some of the changes to the random odds. Even greater change in the wrong direction.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom