WYO Moose Unit 26

Nice tag! Thats a good tag. Most of the moose stay mostly on the creek bottoms where the willows are. That will be a fun but hard hunt. Hunt hard and hold out for the big one!

I had that tag in 2011 so send me a PM and I'll tell you what I know about the area.

Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

I too had that tag, 2 years ago. Unless something changed since I was there, your in for a good hunt. If you want any help let me know.

The bigger bulls are more like elk in their habits. I spend a lot of time in this area. Saw some nice bulls during last year's deer and elk seasons. PM me and we can chat.

Congrats and best of luck!

You have some damn good guys with offers of info already but I will toss my offer into the hat too.

If you are coming out during the bow hunt dates, I will be chasing them dang elk during that time frame in the overlap elk unit(s).

Always room for another cheesehead in my camp! (my Mrs. is from Tomohawk/Merril area).

Toss me an Email if you would like.

[email protected]

Robb

Bucklite422,

Congrats on the 26 moose tag!

I also had the tag in 2011 and would be happy to give you my two cents on the hunt as well...

Horniac

Congrats. Everything I have heard is good about the unit. I have been putting in for years and hope that maybe next year is my year!!!

Best of luck on the hunt and enjoy!!!

Thank you all for responding. I'm super excited and can't wait for October. My husband just ordered some topo maps for the unit today, so we'll PM soon. I want to see how far he'll have to pack my moose out!

Like everyone else that has responded, I too hunted the unit. The bounty is gracing the vaulted wall of my family room. I hunted my unit 26 bullwinkle in 95, so no doubt things have changed. I will however echo the thought that the bigger bulls seemed to be hanging up higher on the mountains. I shot mine in an old burn area with lots of down timber. I can tell you the pack out was a beast for me and my buddy. I would also not be afraid to look in odd places like quakie patches in the sage country. We found bulls all over the unit. I did have some local help and that really made a difference as well.
I am curious how many points it took to get that tag?
Good luck and PM me if you want some old-timer information.

I too SHOULD have been hunting the unit but........(Best layed plans of mice and men)
Congrats on the tag. You'll have a ball!
Keep us posted on your great hunt when it concludes.
Zeke

Check out the Big Spring. If you want comfy lodging look into the Kelly Guard station on the forest.
It's been years but we have 2 bulls out of 26. I would concur about the northern part of the unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom