Wyoming Antelope - First Timer

Omordha

Hey everyone,

I’m just going to apologize here right off the bat. I’m a first timer hunting antelope in Wyoming and I’m from California. I know, the worst… but, I respect any and all public land like it is my own and I was raised by a man who taught me the value in hunting and preserving it for future generations. In that, I’m sure we are all very similar.

Even still, I have a complete newbie question. I have used the search functions on this site too, ahead of posting here. I’ve also scoured the regs and have used google several times and it might just be me, but I am having a difficult time finding a clear answer on carcass disposal for antelope. Everything I read about carcass disposal seems to be out about deer and elk. I will call fish and game tomorrow, but I am just wondering what the heck am I supposed to do with the carcass of an antelope if I am so lucky as to put one down.

I just don’t want to be on the bad side of the law and want to respect the rules and regulations, so if you guys know the answer that would be great help.

Second question is, can you camp on any public land? BLM included… my father and I will be hunting unit 75, leaving this weekend. I’d rather camp than stay in a motel and would prefer to be close to the area we are going to hunt. In Nevada, we just find a spot and can set up anywhere as long as it is not private. Was hoping it would be the same… any other last minute suggestions for a newbie would well appreciated too. I’ve always got an open mind and two ears ready to listen.

Looking forward to this trip immensely, my father’s help is declining quite a bit, so this is a bucket list hunt for him and probably the first and last time he hunts your great state. I’m hoping to make it a trip of a lifetime for him.

Thanks… Aaron.

Just want to say thank you for those kind enough to give me a little advice or take the time to respond to my questions. My father and I had an amazing time hunting in Wyoming. Pops missed a couple bruisers before taking this one at 100 yards.

I shot a heavy goat the following day with 6.75 bases! Our first time to Wyoming, nothing short of amazing.
IMG_E5001.JPG

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom