Wyoming Antelope Help Wanted

upmuley

This fall I would like to take my dad to Wyoming antelope hunting. He has always been intrigued by antelope and would like to harvest one. I am looking for suggestions on a good area to apply for that would provide good draw odds with decent animals (the animal we are after does not necessarily need to be a trophy - just a decent buck.) Is it better to pay a trespass fee or hunt public land? What are other good tips or suggestions for planning this hunt?

The trespass fee route on private property would probably be the best way for your Dad. Get a copy of the fish and game regs and look up the draw odds for the various units, select the unit/area then call the game department for the list of Trespass participants that you then can call directly and get on their ranches. I paid like 250.00 to hunt on a ranch a couple years ago.............. Allen Taylor......

I would apply in most any of the units in eastern Wyoming. The odds of drawing are gonna be real high, maybe 100%. The eastern half of WY has tons of antelope, but you still might want to consider coughing up a trespass fee, as the public lands usually get alot of hunting pressure.

Thanks for the information. I will concentrate on the eastern half and contact a few game biologists for their recomendation and a list of landowners. Thanks again for the info.

Upmuley;
Stay away from the Bonner ranch in area #11 out of Lusk, Wy. It used to be good hunting, but has gone to the dogs now with overhunting and fee hikes.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom