Wyoming antelope hunt

seeleymt

Looking to apply for a antelope hunt this fall for my wife and myself we have 7 pre points as a nonresident. Looking at unit 91 and 92 might be able to draw. Anyone hunted these units? Any other suggestions on units with our pre points that would be good would be appreciated

You might be able to get 91 in the special draw. With point creep it is difficult to predict how many points it will really take this year. I don't think you can draw 92 unless it is by luck in random pool.

I've hunted a neighboring unit and at least a half dozen other pronghorn units in Wyoming but never 91. You can have a good hunt in about any unit in Wyoming. In general, the more public land and better the genetics, the more difficult it is to draw a tag. You can look at the draw reports on the Wyoming Game and Fish Website and figure out which units you have a decent chance of drawing. If you really want to draw this year, I would only look at units that took 5 or less points in 2020 and 2019. If you are willing to gamble and wait another year, you could try 91 but even in the special draw I don't think it is a sure thing with 7 points in 2021.

I don't see any reason 91 would be bad. Never hunted it personally, but big goats have come from there( as all sw Wy units) in the past. You'd have to be blind or have your eyes closed to not find antelope in Wyoming.

91 has been working its way back. Fun, decent hunt if you can draw. Enough different broken terrain to keep it interesting. Areas with water hold more antelope of course. Has potential when there is alot of antelope for a good one, otherwise it's kinda an avg. trophy area, 12-14" bucks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom