Wyoming antelope trifecta

Hntndux

This was the first of our 3 bucks. My oldest boy won the flip and was first shooter. After looking over 40+ bucks this guy had enough character for him. We spotted him about 800yds out and snuck to within 300yds when he emerged from behind a small hill at 260yds and it was lights out.
8339520170917073908.jpg

During our search for the first bucks we spotted this guy we named flattop but then later named him hoodini. He was over a mile out and when we got to where we last saw him he vanished. Sunday afternoon we went to see if he was around and spotted his in the exact spot. When we got there his doe was there but it appeared hoodini had got us again. We looked and looked, but nothing so we headed back. As we were walking back I just happened to look back over my shoulder and there he was standing broadside in the open. My youngest boy didn't want a weird one for his first goat so he told me to take it. My oldest boy said he's 400 and I let one fly for #2 in the bag.
8223020170917145816.jpg

The next day we decided to try a different area and found a deep bowl. We spotted a herd at the far end about 1000yds away. There was a gorgeous buck in the group and my son says hes exactly what i want. I said ok but we've got a problem. He's already looking at us and we have at least 500yds to make up before even thinking of a shot...after we get down to the bottom. We waited until he started to feed before working our way down the nearly vertical hillside. The buck spotted us and with the sun at our back must have thought we were a rival buck coming and came running directly to us. I told my son to get down and get ready because it's going to happen right now. There was a small sand mound between us and he emerged from behind it at 280yds. My son dropped him after letting him dig in the sand to let us know he didn't want us there.http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/8560320170918081751.jpg

That's cool. I loved that you saw the goat at 800yds and closed the gap to 260 yds. If you was the long range group on TV you would have said I can't get any closer I'll have to shoot him at 800. Good Job

Congrats, all fine bucks!! I missed out on the draw this year so looking forward to all the success pics from others:)

Congrats. Those family hunts are what it is all about. Keep making memories with those young men.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom