wyoming applications

camonick

Ive never applied in wyoming before and was wondering about the special liscense. If you apply for the special deer liscense and are unseccesful do you get you money back(but a small amount) and a preference point?
Sorry for such a dumb question.

You get your money back minus the application fee. If you want a preference point, you need to submit that additional amount with your application, and you won't get that back if you are unsuccessful.

That's not a dumb question. With states doing things differently.

Yes you do get your money back. The special option gives you a better chance of drawing that is why it costs more.

You can buy a point when you apply or wait until September and do it online. The point you purchase wether it be when you apply or later does not count until the following year.

Right on. Also, if one chooses to apply for a license AND pref. pt. initially, and does draw First Choice, no point at all will be awarded and point money will be returned. Same case but Second or Third Choice is drawn, point WILL be awarded towards the following year.

Rump

It definitely gets complicated when going from 1 state to another and you really have to keep up on it because things can change from year to year in each state. In Wyo, nonres pref pts return to 0 only if you draw your first choice. If 2nd or 3rd are drawn you gain another pt for the upcoming year. There is a pref pt charge for every species you apply and the cost can add up quickly!

jims has got a real point. The cost for forecasting one's Wyoming hunt for a Non-Res. has become quite the money game.
As a long-time Wyo Res, I honestly can not gripe about the relatively newer Non-Res requirements and costs.
I'll always help the Non-Res where I can, several of you know.
Point being, this is a numero-uno state amongst the fifty states for big game opportunities, at a consistent year-in and year-out level for the variety of species existent.
I do not agree with some of the G&F Regs the Non-Res has to accept, but as a money-grubbin' State Org. of the utmost professionalism and knowledge of the domain, I wouldn't trade Wyo's G&F for any of those other State's political departments, nor Their supposed knowledge of their wildlife, nor their numbering of beasts, nor their crunching of the scores according to the pro's.
Myself and my children will hopefully be able to hunt Wyoming until our days are done.

Respectfully,
Rump

Before you spend the extra $ on the special license, you might check the drawing odds for that particular unit. Sometimes it's a more difficult draw than just the regular license & some units have left over tags. Better to do a little research than waste your hard earned cash.
7 Mag

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom