Wyoming archery success!

bbarron2018

110AD90B-FEAB-4637-806D-E8E1EEE63803.jpeg

I Shot my first elk with a bow this past September in Wyoming after 17 days of hunting!

That looks bigger than my first elk with a bow! Wait a minute. That’s bigger than any elk I’ve killed with a bow. ?
Helluva start.
Zeke

I heard him bugles a few times early that morning into the dark. I didn’t hesitate to start making my way towards him. By the time it was light enough to see I was already close to 300 yards from him. I knew he was going to head down into a big drainage where there was a big herd with several other bulls bugling. My bull was bugling fairly often to update me with his location. I made my way to a pinch point leading to a open meadow where I was expecting him to go. I saw a few of his cows coming through the opening followed by the big boy! I drew just before he came into the opening. One cow call to stop him at 53 yards and I let the arrow fly! I watch my lighted nock disappear into his hide through the center of his lungs. He ran about 150 yards out of sight then I heard a crash and knew he was down! It was most exciting moment in my hunting career! I appreciate all the positive comments! I can’t express how grateful I was for God to have given me such a great opportunity!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom