Wyoming Buck Pictures

I took the pic out the truck window when we were looking for moose.

20141004_181656-1-1.jpg

How does that buck survive the hunts? Do guys not know where he lives on Sept 15th?

Did anyone get his sheds from last year?
He was famous last year too. Not sure who got the sheds. I have a picture in velvet that a guy took and he knows where he summers. I got the picture 3rd hand though so I can’t say who it was or show the picture

I have seen his sheds from last year but they have been kept off the internet. That’s the first time I have heard of someone seeing him in the summer, would be very interesting to know how far his migration is!

I have seen his sheds from last year but they have been kept off the internet. That’s the first time I have heard of someone seeing him in the summer, would be very interesting to know how far his migration is!
Probably not super far. He winters right towards the base of the Wyoming range and come from somewhere in the grays river region. For a lot of the deer he stays pretty close to where he summers(wherever that may be)

That's what I've heard too almost got him last year but those are just rumors really but we will see...
The buck he killed last year he photographed for like 5 years and the king barely escaped from what I heard. Guess we’ll find out this upcoming September. Would hate to see him get killed but the publicity the buck has brought to the winter range isn’t a good thing for the deer

The buck he killed last year he photographed for like 5 years and the king barely escaped from what I heard. Guess we’ll find out this upcoming September. Would hate to see him get killed but the publicity the buck has brought to the winter range isn’t a good thing for the deer
I think most years there will be a popular one I've heard there's another one same size or bigger too that hasn't been plastered everywhere. It's just part of the deal these days with social media unfortunately

He's done some breeding and I would think he's in his prime now might go down a little next year like scar so him getting wacked wouldnt be so bad

I think most years there will be a popular one I've heard there's another one same size or bigger too that hasn't been plastered everywhere. It's just part of the deal these days with social media unfortunately
Is the other big one in wyoming? Can think of a few big boys but not sure which one you’re talking about. Pm me if you have any photos you’d share

Here’s a buck I hunted for several years. Saw him hard horned during the season only a couple times. And had one opportunity to kill him as he fed his way through the only opening on the hill he lived on. By the time I was off the spotting scope, and settled behind the gun, all I saw was his ass end slinking back into the timber. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

89F9F514-F437-49AD-9B68-E355A200616C.jpeg

89277C4B-0AE9-4186-9663-B567DBCA7348.jpeg

Does anyone know of any pictures of an old Wyoming buck by the name of Lumberhead? I was told David Ling had a couple years of his sheds at one point and that Rod Eastman filmed him for a few years. I’ve watched the first couple parts of Rods film series but haven’t seen the buck. If anyone has or knows where to get a picture of Lumberhead it would be appreciated

Does anyone know of any pictures of an old Wyoming buck by the name of Lumberhead? I was told David Ling had a couple years of his sheds at one point and that Rod Eastman filmed him for a few years. I’ve watched the first couple parts of Rods film series but haven’t seen the buck. If anyone has or knows where to get a picture of Lumberhead it would be appreciated
Find someone with an a copy of the original “Wyoming’s Finest Mule Deer” there’s some pics of him in there.

found the pictures of his sheds in the book! Didn’t realize that he had pictures of his daughters with the antlers in the book until you mentioned it

I don't usually share pics, but here are some of a buck I called "slash" because of the slash mark on his right side. Not sure if it was an arrow, a lion, a bullet, or ???

I saw him in 2019 and 2020. I thought he might be a stud in 2021 or 22. He is not a big framed buck, and his nose is long and kinda feminine. I've seem some bucks that looked that way and ended up with CWD after we shot them.

Slash didn't come back in 2021 or 22, so I guess he's in buck heaven. I think I would have heard if someone got him. And I'd hope I would have found him if he came back. I looked pretty hard.

RIP slash.

2020 EM early Sept 047.JPG

2020 EM early Sept 049.JPG

2020 EM early Sept 051.JPG

2020 EM early Sept 067.JPG

I don't usually share pics, but here are some of a buck I called "slash" because of the slash mark on his right side. Not sure if it was an arrow, a lion, a bullet, or ???

I saw him in 2019 and 2020. I thought he might be a stud in 2021 or 22. He is not a big framed buck, and his nose is long and kinda feminine. I've seem some bucks that looked that way and ended up with CWD after we shot them.

Slash didn't come back in 2021 or 22, so I guess he's in buck heaven. I think I would have heard if someone got him. And I'd hope I would have found him if he came back. I looked pretty hard.

RIP slash.

View attachment 98956

View attachment 98957

View attachment 98958

View attachment 98959

Thanks for the share.

RIP slash.

View attachment 98956

View attachment 98957

View attachment 98958

View attachment 98959
Sucks to see em go early like that

Some really nice pictures guys. Makes me want to hunt Wyoming again!

Oh, we're already planning on it this year. Already reserved a VRBO!

Keep posting guys.

A few more this fall… Including my sons buck and my buck…
Cool buck.

that last buck is badass. Is that rockstar in the 5th one?
So the buck in pic 4 and 5 is the same buck... Not sure if he has a name, but he is a cool buck and nice. I also agree the last buck is super cool, he was heavy boxy, has extras etc. May not score as high as some but his mass was really cool.

A few more this fall… Including my sons buck and my buck…

So the buck in pic 4 and 5 is the same buck... Not sure if he has a name, but he is a cool buck and nice. I also agree the last buck is super cool, he was heavy boxy, has extras etc. May not score as high as some but his mass was really cool.
Is this the same buck as the 4th and 5th?
1A9A7961-11F1-4CA4-8C9C-C85507C1957C.jpeg

East of Pinedale? If so likely the same, look the same
I’m not sure on the exact locality but based on pictures I’ve seen before it looks to be the area somewhere south of Pinedale. He’s a famous buck named rockstar. Not as famous this year with the king taking all of his glory

That’s rockstar correct?
I have no idea what his name is. I've always called him Hooker cuz he's always had the hook cheater since the first time I saw him. All I know is it's the same buck as the pic you showed (last year) and the pics I posted (this year). I don't have instagram or any of that other crap, so I'm not in the loop about that stuff. I just take a ton of pics and give them my own names so I can remember who they are.

It's pretty unfortunate to have a non stop onslaught of non-res plates chasing that big dropper buck daily for the past month or more. An absolute circus, honking and chasing him all over the place for a social media photo...I never even went to look at him cause of how bad i heard it was...a good friend said last he saw him, ribs were poking out, and fully able to see his hip bones. I wish we could shut down these areas early when it becomes an absolute **** show of people from nowhere around here, chasing these big bucks on the winter range. Its truly pathetic and unfortunate. . . I know someone who found him this summer and tried for him in the fall, so i guess we will see if he makes it through winter now being he has lost a lot of weight, and winter is far from over around here. If he doesnt, UTARDS are to blame!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom